Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys has anyone ever had any problems with heater cores in there obs powerstrokes! Iv got 96 powerstroke and iv had to put in 6 FREAKIN HEATER CORES in 2 months. What the hell iv replaced the thermastat and radiator cap and 6 heater cores two from NAPA and 4 form O'Reillys. What could posibly be wrong that is building up that much pressure. :confused:

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You could have a blown head gasket. That would build more than enough pressure in the heater core.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I would suggest checking the pressure in your cooling system to see if that is actually the problem.

In my opinion, you are most likely getting junk rebuilt heater cores, at work we always put new OE heater and A/C cores in vehicles, because the ones from auto parts stores never seemed to last very long.

Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not trying to be a dick... But are you sure you are not damaging it on install? Not sure how tight they are to get in. But i have damaged a few in other veh trying to get them in some of these tight spots.

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I would suggest checking the pressure in your cooling system to see if that is actually the problem.

In my opinion, you are most likely getting junk rebuilt heater cores, at work we always put new OE heater and A/C cores in vehicles, because the ones from auto parts stores never seemed to last very long.

Dave
:whs:

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I would damn sure be testing the next one for leaks before you install it as well. Not hard to rig up a little tester to put 15psi of air to it and submerse it in some water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts