Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my heater stopped blowing air from anywhere but the vents the other day so i checked all the fuses and they are all good but my vac pump is not working so i put direct power to the pump and it turns on but my heater still only comes from the vent has anyone had this prob or knows how to fix it it is very hot here and the air from the defrost isnt cutting it too great

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
my heater stopped blowing air from anywhere but the vents the other day so i checked all the fuses and they are all good but my vac pump is not working so i put direct power to the pump and it turns on but my heater still only comes from the vent has anyone had this prob or knows how to fix it it is very hot here and the air from the defrost isnt cutting it too great
Your vacuum pump is most likely done, the heater controls are run off of vacuum, and when they lose it, the default setting is defrost for safety reasons.

The other option is a massive vacuum leak, but not as likely as the pump being bad, I've had to put one in my Dad's SD.

As long as you haven't been working underhood near the pump and it's hoses, or the ESOF hoses if you have ESOF 4x4, then go for the pump.

Dave

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can turn the pump on by sending power to it but the heater still only blows out the defrost and i dont hear any leaks im not sure what to do now

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
i can turn the pump on by sending power to it but the heater still only blows out the defrost and i dont hear any leaks im not sure what to do now
That doesn't mean it's pulling vacuum though, the one on my Dad's truck still ran but didn't work.

See if you can borrow someone else's if you're not ready to get a new pump.

Dave

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i borrowed a pump off another truck yesterday and it still dont work and mine works fine in the other truck, but what i dont understand is why mine still dosent work in my truck even when i turn it on manually with a jumper wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts