Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 97 F-350, the heater heats up in plenty of time, whats buggin me is the rate that it blows at, I got hardly nothing except when I turn the switch to the two highest settings, and even then it could be better but its not. I pulled out the fan, blew out what I think was the AC condenser I even split that in half sucked and blew it out from the other side. then I yanked the glove box, out heater core looks good and circulation flaps all appeared to be working like they should. I put it all back together still nothin. So I grabbed a fan out of my 96 thinking maybe I isolated my problem; air still blew out as good as it did with the old fan:doh:. The truck has 250K the AC pump is seized anyways I'm debating on just yanking that flippin AC Condenser (If thats what it is called) to help improve airflow, and modifiying the housing to fit a cabin air filter. Has anyone else tried doing this? does anyone else have any other suggestions on if I'm actually dealing with an electrical problem perhaps... like a reo-stat switch er something...Help please:doh:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have this same issue as well. I just thought this was a ford issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got my air ducts free of debris, I get the impression that the fan is turning slower than it should at those lower settings, it's like not having any variation between low and the next level; and high is so,so. sorry to ask but I've heard the term resistor block, ( not familiar with it) but where would I find that madpogue? I could just say screw it but my 96 will blow your face off when you turn the fan on in it.

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
sorry to ask but I've heard the term resistor block, ( not familiar with it) but where would I find that madpogue? I could just say screw it but my 96 will blow your face off when you turn the fan on in it.
The fan resistor is in the heater box, on the engine side. It will be the only plug going into it

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright just dawned on me what were referring too, I kept touching it when I was cleaning out the AC. I'm gonna do the ol' switch a' roo and see what happens, thankyou and i'll let y'all know how it goes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts