Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok some im thinking of buying some heated leather seats to upgrade my truck but my question is since my truck is an XLT it doesnt have heated seats in it currently so how in the world could i get these heated seats to work. Do they run on constant power or is it interment power?

·
Needs more mod money
24 Posts
My Excursion has a constant (ign switched) power feed and there is a control module attached under the seat......I think you could do it .....if you get complete seats and run a fused ign power wire. Don't know the fuse size but I could look if you like

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be cool then i would just have to figure out the switch cause did ford have multi settings on their heated seats or just on off?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
what about aftermarket heated seats? I would think the wiring would be not to bad, but I would look into reliability.

·
Needs more mod money
24 Posts
that would be cool then i would just have to figure out the switch cause did ford have multi settings on their heated seats or just on off?
They switches are on the side of the seat and are just on/off on mine

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They switches are on the side of the seat and are just on/off on mine
do you think you could get a pic of the plug under your seat. I wonder if my truck has it just under the carpet?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks i hope my truck is prewired but im not sure!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's the schematic for heat and power. I just put seats in mine this weekend from an Excursion and it only took me 10 minutes of Googling to find these. I was already wired for power, just not the heat.

Apparently heated seats wasn't an option in a 2000 truck, so the spots in the fuse box these pictures refer to for heat do not have connectors in them. I wired them up to another spot, and used inline fuse holders.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i hope i can get this done should be nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts