Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing a set of 04 lariat seats into a 00 truck. I need to know how you guys have hooked up the heat. The power part is no problem. What I thought was right which was a separate constant 12v and a switched 12v for the module and ground apparently isnt right. If somebody could ohm out their harness on a 01 truck that would be great. As I have it right now the light on the switch comes on but almost instantly turns off. Open to all advice and experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has hooked up heated seats in a earlier truck?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I haven't hooked up the heat in my 04 seats in my 00 yet..like you said I was under the impression it was simply another 12v positive and negative to get the heat going....I have a bad motor on my pass seat right now also, need to find one!! Sorry I could be more help

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea it seems like it would be simple. Where I think im running into problems is they are 04 seats and I put 01 underneath seat harness on them. The heaters plugged in the same, but I had to change the switch. The reason I did that is b/c I had the heated seat modules and harness for 01 seats but not 04 up. Looks like not to many other people are as dumb as me to even try this let alone change the harness. I know somebody else has had to of did this before?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
haha, you are right someone has done it before. I'm running 2000 power seat frame on driver side with 04 seat currently. Bump for ya, someone has to have some insight on this

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have 05 heated seats in my 2000. power drivers is hooked up but i cant get the heat on either. Is there a second ground to go with the heat part of it or posibly a ground for the switch? There are to many extra wires and i fried the original power wire in the cab harness trying to figure it out:(

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that 05 seats had what looks to be a actual relay under the seat instead of some sort of control module. I have read and researched until I want to bang my head off the wall. Nobody seems to know exactly how the heated seats in these trucks work. If they are on all time, do they kick off after they are on so long, if they do kick off do they come back on by themselves? I even read somewhere that they might not warm up without a seatbelt buckled as a safety precaution of the seats catching fire and no one in the truck. :doh: What I havent found is very many people that ever get the damn things working in older trucks. Ill eventually get it, but its pissing me off and time consuming in the meantime.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i gave up in october so now i can wait tell next winter

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so has there been ANYBODY that has ACTUALLY pulled this off and put a set of newer seats in a older truck and got the heat to work??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts