Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new here and i just came from another forum and i have a question about the heat in my work truck its a 87 flatbed with the 6.9 and c6 and also a wireing nightmare idk what the previous owner did but all the wires are everywhere

when we got the truck about a year ago and none of the heat controls on the dash worked and i needed it to plow and we couldnt figure out why it didnt work so we rigged the heat into an on off switch just to get through the winter and it doesnt always work good but i havent touched it since and its comming to that time of year again...also when i glow plug the truck the heats on but when i start it the heat shuts off and it wont turn back on untill i put the truck in gear

what would cause all this

thanks in advance - tj

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It kind of sounds like to me that the wires are either crossed or grounding out somewhere. Idk for sure though. But anyway, good to see you over here man.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Oh another thing, maybe just get a wiring schematic a rerun the wires. It might be easier in the long run even though its a PITA.

·
Trailer Trash...
603 Posts
Just hit the JY and grab a new harness, Pull the dash a replace it... Pulling the dash on these trucks is dead simple, you could do it in a couple of hours at most. Its isnt worth tracking down the wire a splicing things in when you can get a complete harness for almost nothing, just make sure your truck is similar to the one your getting it out of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts