Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last nite I started tairing the top side of the my moter down. I have the turbo, turbo pedistal, oil firer/ fuel bowl, intake, valve cove, harnis off, radeater and intercooler pipes as well. I can't get the steel tube off on the pasenger side of the moter off it's tight do u all have a easy way to take that tube off bolt is out. Also I'm taking the exhaust manifold off today down pipe and up pipe. I looked at my heads after I got the valve covers off man I'm lost my first time under the valve cover very diff from a 2.2l lol. I could use some help fom here thanks eney help would be grate.:confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
^^^ and as far taking heads apart get a large clean piece of cardboard and place the parts on the cardboard as if you were looking down on the motor, make notes on the cardboard if need be also and you will see how easily it goes back together all laid out like that.... atleast my opinion good luck

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that a very good idea on the cardbord I'll def do that and that fucxing tube I put some pb on it last nite maby it will come off today. Lol

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
When you pull the covers have a sharpie ready and I would mark all your wish bones etc. with a sharpie so you know how to put them back in. It also helps when lifting the heads out if you take the bracket from the motor on one side and bolt it to the other so you have to places to grip, vice versa, when you go to lift the other side switch em both back over.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K thanks tis will a help very much it's starting to rain a little now so I may not get to work on it today hopfully is cleers up it sucks working in the drive way:doh::doh::pointlaugh:

·
Still learning
577 Posts
I was thinking about doing this job myself too, is this job above some one with basic skills? I have an alright tool set, any special tools needed here?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about doing this job myself too, is this job above some one with basic skills? I have an alright tool set, any special tools needed here?
I'm just using basic tools it is a long job much harder then I thaught it would be I'm stuck on a oil line that goes to the injector rail for the oil I can't get the quick disconect to release I bet you need a special tool for that and for the injector wires that pop in the head tou have to squeeze a pop in latch that hols it in and push it back in the head but that's all the farther I am for now I'll keep u informed on how it goes I have all the injectors out the rocker arms and assembly only thing in the head now is valves, and that fing oil line does eneybody have a trick to do this

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
To get the injector pugs out, just use the right sized socket...slip it over the end, and push. (I think it's a 19mm)
The HPO line...use a wrench from a die grinder. (The flat wrenches)
It fits between the fitting...you just insert it, and pull them apart.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks I Was using a pair of chanol locks and a screw driver lol took a bit I'll try to get a grinder wrench and give it a shot

·
Registered
98 Posts
To get the injector pugs out, just use the right sized socket...slip it over the end, and push. (I think it's a 19mm)
The HPO line...use a wrench from a die grinder. (The flat wrenches)
It fits between the fitting...you just insert it, and pull them apart.
i didnt think to use the die grinder wrench but i do see where it would work i used one of those tools used to take door panels off it worked good.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm taking the heads off with the cab on and outing the heads in with the cab off. I am using a friends shop to do this for free but I only get to use it for the weekend so I'm doing as much as I can befor I take it to his shop and pull the cab also this is my first time doing this so I'm going to need some time

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Best of luck to you, if i do it, it will all have to be cab on, let me know how long it takes you

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem it will take me a little longer then most doing all my work outside so the weather has ben a bitxx for me with the rain. I thank the build should go a little faster I'll be inside lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts