Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pressure in coolant degas on a total full bullet proof 2003 that now has 33,400 on the clock. I`m going into this anticipating cracked heads. My question is anyoneusing or used ProMaxx aluminum heads yet? I`m more inclined to go this deep on a 6oh for the final time in my life.
Thanks

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,399 Posts
I've heard and seen too many bad things about their heads in the past, I wouldn't trust these any more. I went with UCF machine shop down in Texas. They're kinda the go to guys for diesel heads. They come O-ringed, painted up and with a few other goodies too.

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly have you seen with these heads? I`m referring to the aluminum version that I`m looking at to purchase bare. I`m only looking for first hand knowledge. Thanks

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to inform: these heads are built per order.
My purpose for them is thermal expansion for clamping force. The aluminum is a 6 series so they are repairable and is very hard stuff. Its a bitch to weld but easily worked.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
this is a cast AL head

curious did u get the 6 series info ?

i will say Promaxx reportedly can have OK castings but you really want the head assembled using better than Promaxx parts

have you hit up KDD Kill Devil Deisel ? or their KC Turbo their authorized retailer ?
they use Promaxx castings and go from there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts