Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok last night I got my heads off and fuxx they looked like shxt. I have my new set of heads but what do I use to get the block cleen? Also when I put on my studs and heads what are the tq specs for the small bolts that go on my head? Also need tq specs for the rocker bolts, injectors, oil lines and oil rail if u could give me any info it would be a big help thanks :doh::confused:

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks I'll pick some up today after work the die grinder sounds good to me because if not I mite have to get a new set of arms when I'm finished if I could post pics I would I don't know how my truck was still running lol

· Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Nice big flat granite block with a sheet of sand paper on it. Large flat stone for the block. Using something with a small surface area will allow you to possibly gouge the surface.

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started it took 2 1/2 hours to get one side the way I wanted and made me happy. Just one side left then it's time to put it all back together I have did all the work myself so far and it has been much harder then what I thought it would be. But it will be worth every last minute when I get finished thanks to all for your input and help

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I have a ? I have the studs in the block. Now I am filling rilly stupid because I'm not shore witck side is up and witch is down on the gaskets I have the black ox gaskets from RCD ????:doh:

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok I have the heads on studs are in with new gaskets. I tq the heads to 210 and checked them 6 times now in a period of 24 hours going to do it one more time today. Injectors are in but my oil rails and my glow plug harnis are not working on the heads I got so I hope thet I can get the parts form the place I got the heads. Intake is on and good to go. Turbo pedistal is back on starting to come together nice. New fuel system is on the truck just need the hart back in now. I hope the parts I need get to me fast so I can start the truck should be good to go for TS as long as the parts get here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.