Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the 05 conversion on my truck and last night when I got in it and turned the headlights on I noticed the beam light was on in the dashboard. So I pulled the signal switch back thinking I pushed if forward. Nothing happened no light change nothing. So I turned the high beams on and the lights went out all that was on was my parking lights. Now when I turn my headlights on it is just normal power they are not on bright even though the light on the dash is on. What could this be? Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you have the aftermanrket harness you need to check your grounds. Been there done that.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
I'm having the same problem but I think mine might be somewhere else.. Your might just be a bad bulb or a ground. I made my own ground on mine a couple years ago but it still didn't help the problem.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok update. Driving home tonight and the passenger side light goes out. A little while later the driverside starts to get dim but is hanging in there. I get home back in the drive way turn the truck off but leave the lights on. Open the hood and all I smell is burnt plastic I pull the connectors apart on the passenger side and make sure all it tight and pushed into place. Move to the driver side and the wires are so hot I can barley touch them to get them apart. When I grabed the harness the light went out. So I got the flash light and looked at the wire harness and you can see the wires exposed now. :mad:

This really sucks only a month and having these kinds of problems already. Guess I'll have to get a new set of wire harness or just bite the bullet and buy HID's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts