Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah but your gonna have to modify your header panel and get a pigtail for the new lights because the plug that goes to your current lights is different from the plug on the back of the 05 headlights. I bought the pigtail from dfuser for like 40 bucks

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
they will work its just gonna take alot of patient messy cutting of your header panel and some pigtails,IMO they are so worth the work they are brighter and look sweet

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
Here is a pic with one 99 headlight and one 05 style headlight from when I was doing the swap.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Can you make them fit yes but why would you...They use The H13 which is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended. There are Chinese connectors that are being used to make these kits and no harness will fix the problem of to small of terminals. As of now no USA made plugs are made that I have seen and wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

You can have the best headlight housings made now, '02-04 and the addition of Hellas harness and a set of their 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can have the best headlight housings made now, '02-04 and the addition of Hellas harness and a set of their 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.
OBSWIZ, are you referreing to the stock OEM '02-04 headlights, or aftermarket headlights? I've looked on ebay at compatible lights, and wonder if any of the aftermarket lights are any good. What headlights do you recommend?

I had thought of going the HID route, but I think it would be more reliable to go the 80/100w route as you suggest.

The fog bulb mod, is that halogen as well?

Dave

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Stock ones. If you can find the same aftermarket then those.

Fog bulb is a Halogen Infrared Reflecting bulbs. These Toshiba bulbs are a unique product, the only bulbs available that use the research technology that General Electric patented in 2000. It was GE's goal to create a bulb that produced 75% of the light output of HID headlights at 25% of the cost.

·
Wannabe
277 Posts
Where can you get this bulb for the fogs? Is it too bright to run with in normal traffic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stock ones. If you can find the same aftermarket then those.
I found some OEM stock headlights for $109.21ea, which compared to the ebay lights is more, but on the other hand they shouldn't need sealing and will last longer.

I'm a little suspicuos of how good the ebay lights really are, paying the extra for the OEM's, would be worth it

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I run with my fogs on all the time on my Excursion..PM me for prices.

·
Banned
192 Posts
yes it will fit and it really cleans up the look of the truck for sure.....mines a 2000 here's the before and after..........my complete swap took me all of an hour......I used a new header panel since I did the grille too.....that's the best way to do it, no modifying just bolt it on and go........cost me an extra 42 dollars from certifit for the panel. here they are.

Chad

·
Registered
699 Posts
Anyone have the best place/price for the pigtail?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey... no idea if these are any good or not, but I was thinking or converting to the 05 lights and getting a set of the smoked ones from a Harley Davidson model and found this site which has some options. Anybody know of this company...? they have a lot of option for all years 99 and up Ford F250 F350 Excursion Aftermarket Headlights

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
I really like the looks to the 06+ headlights and grill, and would like to do it to my 02, I was wondering if there was a kit you could buy for the grill and headlights (not as one) cuz I have seen it advertised before but dont remember where is from. BTW the grill form the kit is said to be shaved.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts