Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several headlights on our cars the have a hazey build up on the out side of the lense. What is the best thing to use to get them looking like new? I want something that i don't have to redo everytime i wash it and holds its shine, is there any thing out there?

·
Jboy
15 Posts
I use a very fine rubbing compound and my buffer. This take the oxidation off the lens. The lights stay clear for quite a while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used the 3M kit which was about $25 because that's all our local store had at the time.

The instructions were super easy to follow. I wish they would have included two more of each pad, though. Overall, I'm very happy with it. I did follow up with the 3M hand polish. It's much improved but the lighting isn't as good as what I was used to with my '03 Super Duty. I replaced both bulbs with OEM. Pics below.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
32 Posts
A mothers ball and toothpaste.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Iv seen people wet sand with 2000, compound, then some kind of polish. looked pretty good.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Iv seen people wet sand with 2000, compound, then some kind of polish. looked pretty good.
LOL, I just came on to talk about this very thing. I used 2000 wet/dry with plenty of water and waxed them afterwards. Worked very well on a 12 year old truck.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
our body shop sands them down for our front line car's..I think the last sand is with 600 (ill ask and post back) then they clear coat them..they look like new when there done..I had them do my jeep 2 years ago and there still looking good...

·
Renegade Diesel
255 Posts
i use the meguires headlight restore kit works like a charm

here is a couple pics of my hondas headlights

before

after

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
just did my winter beater yesterday.. sanded with a DA useing 200, 400, 600 grit paper and hit them with clear coat....did my jeep a year ago the very same way and they still look as good as these do...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts