Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 99-04 regular headlights and work headlights the same? I mean do they use the same bulbs and have the same socket?

So if someone were to upgrade their work truck (with the sunken in headlights) to the regular headlights, would they need to wire in new sockets like everyone who does the 05+ headlights on the 99-04's?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I don't know about the plug for the light. But I would imagine it may be different. To deal with that alignment screw. Just leave it in there and thread the new one in. That is the easiest way to do it.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im switching to the 05-07 headlights and would like to give it to the person buying my headlights... Do i just need to cut a hole around it?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You could cut it out of there. Or you might beable to get the clip off the back. That one can be a pain.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You should have seen how long it took us to figure out how to get the headlight out of ther the first time...LOL We were all puzzled after screwing around with it and someone comes up and says... just unscrew it.. LOL

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL yea, i unscrewed that, but i think im going to have a hell of a time trying to get it out :shrug: LOL

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Layson, thanks for the help. I ended up just leaving it in there LOL To much hassle. Anyways, got my new headlights in. Just need to wait for the money tree to have something to pick again so i can do the rest of what i want LOL

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
Looks awesome man!

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks really good!! Now you just need that emblem :poke:
Thanks! And LOL yea im slacking on that still... I found a guy local with the black work grill (this one a buddy of mine just painted real quick) that i might get and it has an emblem. I will have to find a sticker/overlay for the emblem as soon as i get it though, that dam bright blue will stand out so bad with all the black up there.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
You can do that or ask Tank to get in touch with the dude that made his emblems, I like the custom ones.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
those are overlays over the emblems... And i was talking to him a month or so ago about that LOL Kinda got distracted with all the other crap goin on. So hows it feel to be in Texas and away from this F***Tard state?

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Oh I gotcha.. LOL I'm still here man, I have 9 days till I'm in Texas, thank god....I saw a shemale and her boy friend last night at the bar...Kinda disgusted me LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts