Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are TONS of options out there for the Superdutys. It is actually confusing.
I have the Utilitarian XL sealed beams now(99) and I want to upgrade to the composite Lens'. But I dont know what to go with.

I was thinking the 02-04(9004) clear lens' with the matching clear marker lights. But would the 05-07(9007) lights be a better option?. I want to keep this on the cheap. And If I went with the 05-07 lights how would the "harley" lights look in a shadow gray truck with chrome bumper and grill?

Please share your experiences.

Also, i was looking at lights on Ebay, are there any to steer clear of?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
What are your plans with the truck once it is done? Work, play or sell? Id say if it is more 'work' truck then get a set of the 02-04 clear lens. But if it is being built as a fancy tow rig then go Harley.

My .02

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If it were me I would do just regular lights then. Unless the price differance isnt bad then go for the Harley lights. I assume because it has Harley in the name they are over priced.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it were me I would do just regular lights then. Unless the price differance isnt bad then go for the Harley lights. I assume because it has Harley in the name they are over priced.
Actually the 05-07 regulars and Harley lights are the same price

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Well then that changed my mind. With all that you are doing on that build, do the Harley lights. You are going top notch on everything else and they will look good with that paint.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It is going for sale. Just trying to spruce it up from the ugly duckling
If you are just going to sell it, use the 02-04 lights. Pretty cheap and swap right in. It made a world of difference on my 2000, and I don't think the later model headlights would give you any more return on the sale.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If you are just going to sell it, use the 02-04 lights. Pretty cheap and swap right in. It made a world of difference on my 2000, and I don't think the later model headlights would give you any more return on the sale.
They are the same price. The buyer will not be able to see all of the POR15 that Brad put on the panels but they WILL see the nicer headlights and its that small attention to detail that makes a all the difference.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing is I havent even found the 02-04 clear lights. The 05-07 are all over the place.

I actually like the 02-04 better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts