Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 Diesel 4x4 ,4EOD trans, Upgraded Alternator, Western plow relay, 4-in lift
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im wanting to install aftermarket led headlights on my truck i am getting these Fit Ford 92-96 F150/250/350 Bronco Headlights+Corner Bumper Lamps Left+Right | eBay i know they will fit as ford in its early years used interchangeable parts. What i am wanting to know is how many of the lights will i need resistors for all of them and if so is there a plug and play led headlight? if so is there one that i can use repeatedly in my headlight assembly/tail light assembly and 3rd brake light Thanks guys cheers!

· Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Jelibuilt tunes, BTS trans
611 Posts
The secret with LEDs that I can tell is to adjust them a bit lower than you do conventional bulbs.

I get more light pointed better with my LEDs than I did with my 80/100 bulbs. Get flashed less, and can see better. Probably won’t melt my housings like the 80/100s did 😂😂😂

· Registered
926 Posts
...do not appear to be DOT approved...
8th image in that listing shows "DOT SAE HR92" molded into the turn lens.
can i use led with these
You can use any bulb that fits into that reflector, which is made for the factory-size bulb (9007). I put these in my Taurus, and they're very white, bright, and well-aimed. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XQBKXPX But I prefer projectors (not available for the '98T) so all my trucks use these DOT-legal ones (or the all-black version from the same seller). [LED Halo] 1992-1996 For Ford Bronco/F150/F250/F350 Projector Chrome Headlights | eBay

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Their backs are sealed by rubber caps, so it's hard to put LEDs in, but the brown truck uses these for low-beams. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G15H6QM

The included halogen bulbs work fine, though.

Light World Black Font Tints and shades

· Registered
1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 Diesel 4x4 ,4EOD trans, Upgraded Alternator, Western plow relay, 4-in lift
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would you by chance know the other part numbers for the other lights turnsignal front amber front lights and the back brake light and turn signal lights i know the high and low could use the same bulb i just need part numbers for the rest of the bulbs i need

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
97F250HDXLT
you said that this headlight assembly Fit For 92-96 Ford F-150 Bronco Chrome Headlights+Clear Reflector Bumper Lamps | eBay "do not appear to be DOT approved" , but if you scroll down to look in the item Specifics tab it says DOT SAE but that being said i figured out what bulbs i need , this is what i have so far some are amber cause all the casings are going to be white i dont know if you guys can see jpeg or png so i did both formats alls i am missing is the Front park lamp light which is supposed to be a 916 light and the backup lamp which is supposed to be a 916na what are these in auxbeam????????????? thanks for the replies cheers guys

Attachments

· Registered
926 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(97F250HDXLT) oh sorry i though u were agreeing with the admin , do you know where i could get the factory style taillight but clear lenses?

· Registered
926 Posts
I don't understand. If it's clear, it's not factory-style. Are you saying you've found a clear taillight for these trucks that's NOT factory style, but you don't like it? Post a link.

I'd have bought these for most of my trucks if the reverse section was already done like the brake/turn section.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well its not factory style but what i mean is that the red part is white and the color is inversed i have found a lot of them but they are not good looking

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: I have found DOT certified headlights for LED and ordered my LED headlights and lights tail lights and all that from auxbeam they're all installed except for the third brake light I do have questions about that as I've heard that on these trucks for some reason the automatic transmission is tied into the third brake light for some reason way to go Ford lol is there anything special that I need to know because I want that to be LED as well I have a flasher fuse coming that tricks the pcm into thinking the bulbs are regular incandescent bulbs is that all I need or do I need resistor or something else to get the 3rd brake like led without fuckin with the transmission ****

· Registered
1,992 Posts
I have found DOT certified headlights for LED and ordered my LED headlights and lights tail lights and all that from auxbeam they're all installed except for the third brake light
Please post details (and part numbers).

Thanks,

Cj

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
3157 T25 P27/5W 50W 33pcs-LED 3020SMD Cool White/Amber/Red 8000LM LED Brake/Reverse/Parking/Tail/Turn signal Light Cool White
SKU: GD000578*1

(2pcs/set) 9007/HB5 LED Light Bulbs S2-Series COB LED 270°/360° Beam 8000LM 9007/HB5
SKU: 70024210*1

(2pcs/set) 921/912/T15/W16W High brightness LED Reverse Lights Back up Canbus LED Bulbs 6500K White 4 PCS/SET
SKU: GP00007916 (GD000572*2)

3157 T25 P27/5W 50W 33pcs-LED 3020SMD Cool White/Amber/Red 8000LM LED Brake/Reverse/Parking/Tail/Turn signal Light Red
SKU: XD000172

And the head assemblies came from ebay and are dot cert will prove with pic when I get home as I can't find the email as it was weeks ago I got the headlight assemblies this is not including the flasher that I had got from them that I'm returning because I bought a flasher from CP addict that is a flasher fuse and the bulbs for the third brake light because I haven't gotten them yet
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Gas Wood

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Hope the LEDs work adequately for you. I’ve tried LED bulbs not so good, projector HIDs (better). Projector HIDs with auxiliary VisionX LED 6.7” & 8.7” on a light bar… the best!
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Plant Leaf Natural environment Natural landscape Tree

The VisionX auxiliaries are the ADV series not highway legal. Where I drive in remote BC is not a huge issue yet..
cheers
j

1 - 18 of 18 Posts