Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a set of faux 05' style harley headlights on my 99' today. they look great, but when i put my lights on tonight the low beams seemed really dull. even the high beam isn't very bright. also the blue high beam light on my dash is on when the lights are on low beam, its dim but its on. it goes to full bright when i switch to high beams. any thoughts on this ? thanks, jerry,

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
I would suggest checking your grounds... I can't remember where exactly where they are.. I ended buying a harness from LMC that uses only the battery power to power the lights.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought it to be strange that the wires could be spliced in without specifically matching. in other words the three wires coming off the new plug were all the same color.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Yea I forget which is ground and what not.. But I thought that was strange as well. They are indeed different though.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yea I forget which is ground and what not.. But I thought that was strange as well. They are indeed different though.
I did the light conversion using Dfusers pigtails, plug-n-play. I actually got the Brite Box with the 9007 - 9008/H13 plug.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
I'll have to look into that on my next truck. Do you like it? I'm not a fan of HIDs which I'm assuming this Brite Box isn't.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Oh I think I see what is going on here :doh: You have a 99-04 and installed 05 headlights and just spliced the wires?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'll have to look into that on my next truck. Do you like it? I'm not a fan of HIDs which I'm assuming this Brite Box isn't.
I like the 05's way better. The brite box is used to run your High Beams and the Fog lights at the same time. Since I needed the conversion harness to go from 9007's - 9008/H13's I just bought the whole thing, brite box w/ conversion harness.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice all ! I was able to sort out the wiring and get them working properly.
:psn:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts