Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I thought was a much simpler o-ring update the dealer missed their first two times replacing radiators in my 08 with 27k miles is looking more like a headgasket. What looks like bird chit is all over the 90 degree uptuube off the horizontal egr cooler to the vertical and splattered here and there around it. Has anyone heard of a truck with such low miles developing this problem?

As an aside, and here goes a rant, Ford is junk. It started with the 6 liter when Ford tried to screw International out of their written deal and it's just gone downhill since. The new motor is no better, since it's all stolen and plagiarized plans from the previous International motors - which were intentionally set up for failure to begin with.

Too bad you can't have any driveline you want like in a real truck.... I'm dreaming of a Cat V-motor in the Super Duty with an Eaton manual trans... Ahhhhh

·
Registered
875 Posts
Early 08 6.4 hg suck common failure. The gasket was redesigned not sure what engine serial # was the production change but it changed. Pressure check the cooling system very common for the coolant supply lines to egr coolers to leak. Stop dreaming of cat motor their last on road engine "acert c7" was worse than the 6.0 powerstroke. The c15 was king of turd mountain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts