Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David,

Cody Brumfield (cleatus12r) here.

I have a project ahead of me that I plan on doing in my spare time. Spare time....:drool:

I've got a 95 PSD that I plan on using as a donor for my 1973 2wd F-100 project. I want to put headers on it as well as your 1-piece up-pipe assembly. My only question really concerns the use of the headers for the 99.5-03 trucks on this older engine. Would I be correct in saying that the only reason they won't fit the OBS trucks has to do with the oil cooler mounting location or is it due to the space limitation on the firewall and that it requires a different "angle of the dangle"?

I really want to use a GTP38R on it once it's done. I figure if the headers for the SD trucks will fit as long as there is adequate firewall clearance, then that will be taken care of. If the oil cooler mounts (cooler location) are the issue, then I would like to know before hand so I can get later-model cooler adapters for it. I already realize that a newer turbo pedestal is required.

Thanks!

Cody

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
I thought that the only difference was the drivers side exhaust manifold. If you swap that you should be alright in your application.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the driver's side is the problem. I want to put the headers on it but I was curious about where the interference lies in putting the SD headers in an OBS application.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David,

My concern is with the one-piece up pipes....

Will they fit with OBS headers and still allow the usage of a newer SD drop-in turbo?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts