Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of a headache rack I just built. You guys have any suggestions before I get it powdercoated. It has tabs at the top on the back to put offroad lights hanging down.
Click on the pic.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Want to build another one? I'd buy one from you, but I'd prefer to have the bars go clear across. It looks damn good though.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Wow man, that's nice! That'd be my only suggestion, like Rockin said. Put bars all the way across. May a removeable panel or something.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I just put the opening for the sliding glass on my truck.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rockinjw,
Yes I would build another one however you would like it. Give me a call if you are interested. Can't Promise a time frame because I work a lot of hours.
931-607-6288

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Just a small suggestion, the plate you use to mount it to the bed, make them atleast 24" long. If not you will get a vibration and over time cracks there at that lower junction...

I have ProTech racks on all my pickups and if they dont have the long legs... then they have cracks there.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where does it crack? I also have a piece of angle iron that mounts to the front of the bed behind the rack on the window side to stabilize it, but long pieces is a good idea. Thanks

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Where does it crack? I also have a piece of angle iron that mounts to the front of the bed behind the rack on the window side to stabilize it, but long pieces is a good idea. Thanks

See pic...

Attachments

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
Some of my buddies that built their own racks ran the legs the length of the bedrails. Helps to protect against some dents and dings when loading and unloading chainsaws, chains tires and what have yous. Looks good IMO.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I built a rack for our work truck,no where as nice as this rack, but it works well and has the lights and such in it. I ran angle iron the whole length of the bed too. It has a good purpose, but I wouldn't like that look running down the bed of my nice truck.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got some pics from the rack I built in 2005. Some things different, same concept. These are painted with lights. Take a look at rest of the pics. I am thinking of making a few racks built however you want them and also building the trac bars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts