Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I dig into head studs next week, I have a few questions.

1. Are the gaskets that come with rudys arp kit updated oem ford gaskets? I assume so because I thought there werent aftermarket ones?

2. Are there any other seals or gaskets up top that need to be replaced while doing this?

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
subscribed

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Before I dig into head studs next week, I have a few questions.

1. Are the gaskets that come with rudys arp kit updated oem ford gaskets? I assume so because I thought there werent aftermarket ones?

2. Are there any other seals or gaskets up top that need to be replaced while doing this?
Yes they are the updated ones.

You will need all the fuel lines, minus the rails. Up pipe gaskets for each end. The teflon sealing washers for the external fuel lines cause the seals are only used once. Intake and exhaust manifold gaskets. I would recommend using new hardware for the exhaust components. Have fun.

Oh the most important piece, beer and lots of it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive seen the fuel lines being one time use only mentioned before, why is that?

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Crush to seal fitting. Their only $20 each. Trust me, internal fuel leak wouldn't be good and there's up to 30k fuel pressure in them so they better seal good.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got ya how many are there 8?

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Yes 8 from the rail to injectors and 2 that go from the pump to rail.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else have any info or advise on what they had to replace when doing studs and head gaskets. Do you need to take the 8 fuel lines and rails apart to do the job? I honestly have no clue Ive never done it. Lets hear it

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

victor reinz? has anyone seen this?

Does ford offer a "head set kit"

·
PSN Fan
75 Posts
anyone else have any info or advise on what they had to replace when doing studs and head gaskets. Do you need to take the 8 fuel lines and rails apart to do the job? I honestly have no clue Ive never done it. Lets hear it
If White Monster has the time he could def tell you everything you need to know....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea ive talked to him, trying to figure out who might have a "kit" with all those pieces, if anyone...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, all the parts should be here friday from ford, right around 600 bucks.

Next question, and I dont want to start a debate of whats better or anything... I want to know whos using ARP studs. Not only that but has anyone actually seen an arp stud fail on a 6.4??

Not that im trying to cheap out but I want to try them, Ive planned on using arp studs since I bought the truck.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Alot of people are running both Elite and ARP. The ones running H11's usually plan on going into the motor more than once or twice. ARP's are vice versa. The only thing is the yield and tensile strength differences and the ARPs i think torque around 325ft/lbs while the H11's are in the 185ish range (I think) Dont quote me. But checking the block and heads and absence of cracks and making sure that they are done right are more important than choosing between the two manufacturers

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha well my thought is to not tear into the motor more than once.... Head will be checked and surfaced when the studs are done.

This is mostly getting done because the truck lost coolant over the summer, put a gallon in about three weeks ago, and the truck has puked 3 or 4 times since then with the 275 tune, turned down to 210 with no problems ... Wanted to get them done sooner or later anyway, so pulling the cab. Doing that throwing a 50mm waste gate on and custom down pipe and cac pipe.

Btw cabelas trucks are absolutely beautiful IMO, Id really like to do the grey with yellow and green pin stripe to my truck one day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts