Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Mine worked fine with the 190s and the first set of turbos. Once i went the the larger set of turbos and the next size injectors, shifting was all messed up. So we just manually shifted it. Then when I upgraded the next time to the larger turbos and the hybrid injector, I started breaking parts in the tranny. I never dynoed the truck with anything after the first set of injectors.

Those guys are saying that ID tunes cause puking and RCD does not. I guess, it makes alot of sense to me. I will not use ID for tuning my pulling truck anymore. Matter of fact, I will not use any vendor on this site.
LOL You are my hero. Send that torqshift down here and quit playing around...

·
Registered
277 Posts
OP-Need to find the mechanical reason for puking, prolly heads or gaskets. Mine is fine on Eric's tunes(run bigger injectors and turbo), but I have tunes from other vendors that will puke. Maybe your coolers are shot, but I need new headgaskets, cause they are leaking, if you puke coolant and your cooler is good, heADS OFF IF YOU WANT IT FIXED.

·
reluctant ford fan
127 Posts
If you're gonna push a 6 leaker waaaaay beyond it's intended limits, then be prepared to deal with the aftermath... Doesn't matter who's tunes you're running. You need to fix some basic problems: egr system & cooler, oil cooler (yes the stock system is inadequate), head/block machining, head bolts/studs, etc. Get it all done right and you can have a 6.doh that runs good and doesn't cause problems. Neglect any aspect and you will have headaches. Just don't come on here whining about how some vendor gave you a cr&pload of HP on an otherwise mostly stock motor and now you have problems! :shrug:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
LOL You are my hero. Send that torqshift down here and quit playing around...
I don't have a torque shift any more. I also don't have a 6.0 any more that needs tuning either. You my friend can only help me by giving me crazy ideas like putting d-max pistons in my 6.0. Which I will add will work just fine, but not with the 6.0 crank. Anyone got any extra 6.4 short blocks laying around, I need another one.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I don't have a torque shift any more. I also don't have a 6.0 any more that needs tuning either. You my friend can only help me by giving me crazy ideas like putting d-max pistons in my 6.0. Which I will add will work just fine, but not with the 6.0 crank. Anyone got any extra 6.4 short blocks laying around, I need another one.
Not with the 6.0L crank? In which direction did you go? I'm thinking you found the contact spot in the counterweight/piston skirt area.

6.4L short block? You are looking for a gearset aren't you... and a pump I would imagine. That crank will need to be cut alot more.

Where are we now, somewhere around 7.4L?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Not with the 6.0L crank? In which direction did you go? I'm thinking you found the contact spot in the counterweight/piston skirt area.

6.4L short block? You are looking for a gearset aren't you... and a pump I would imagine. That crank will need to be cut alot more.

Where are we now, somewhere around 7.4L?
The 6.0 crank doesn't have enough throw in it to get the piston deck height right. But the 6.4 crank have enough extra material that we should be able to work. Closer to 7.6.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So........back to the thread topic......You say it's a whistling coming from the degas bottle? Usually if the cooling system is being pressurized by combustion from head gaskets leaking, You will puke coolant out of the bottle.

If it's just a whistling noise, especially at 50 psi of boost, I'd check for a turbo hose leaking somewhere. All it takes is a pin hole or a slightly loose clamp at those pressures to be noticeable

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
The 6.0 crank doesn't have enough throw in it to get the piston deck height right. But the 6.4 crank have enough extra material that we should be able to work. Closer to 7.6.
Probably be easier to send the crank to Marine Crank or Winberg to have them weld it. Then it could be reground, induction hardened, and micro polished.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
So........back to the thread topic......You say it's a whistling coming from the degas bottle? Usually if the cooling system is being pressurized by combustion from head gaskets leaking, You will puke coolant out of the bottle.

If it's just a whistling noise, especially at 50 psi of boost, I'd check for a turbo hose leaking somewhere. All it takes is a pin hole or a slightly loose clamp at those pressures to be noticeable
The cab is already off of the truck...

61 - 73 of 73 Posts