Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been doing some research on head gaskets and I've decided to go back with the OEM Ford gaskets. My questions are is there anywhere I can buy just the head gaskets and not have to buy the kits with head bolts and stand pipes. I'm planing on using studs and I have already got the update stand pipes. Another idea I have is checking with my local International parts dealer to see if they sell just the gaskets. So this leads to my other question will the International and the Ford gaskets be the same thing.

Thanks

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Contact any one of the vendors should be able to help you.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not trying to be negative here but I would have your heads magnafluxed for cracks and checked for flatness. One of the major issues for headgasket failure is not only the weak bolts but also really bad heads. Most of them you will find will have hairline cracks around the valves and are not even close to being flat which means you'll have to have them machined true. Which also means you will more than likely have to have your pistons cut. Even brand new heads from Ford will have to have this done that's how crappy they are. You could put new gaskets and bolts in and still have the same issue is what I'm getting at.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PizzaPig thanks for the reply but I have already checked with Tousley and that price includes bolts and stand pipes. I just want the gaskets.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Anything from Ford at this time has bolts also. I think that is why many people use Black-onyx/victor gaskets. Why pay for something you will not use. Are they as good?? If and when I do mine again I still don't know what I plan to use.

·
Registered
652 Posts
NoSlow6.0 :whs:, the Ford HGs are better if you are going back with studs
2 stroker:fordoval:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts