Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many people feel ok with running head bolt friendly tunes ? Eventually I will put on head studs , upgraded hd oil cooler and upgraded egr cooler just cant afford everything right now but I would still like a little more from my truck so I woild like to install a 4" turbo back exhaust and sct . Just wondering if anyone has still had problems with the head bolt friendly tunes ??? I am not looking to race the truck or tow anything extremely heavy .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
399 Posts
60k miles of tunes here and still runs strong.

·
Registered
32 Posts
anything can happen on any type of tune, head bolt friendly or not. biggest thing is if you don't race everywhere it will def prolong them. I have the IDP performance ficm flash and there x street tune. which they say is like the Xtreme X if i remember correct. and i haven't had an issue yet with stock bolts. put 35k on it since i did the tunes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive run quick tricks tune for a good while on both of our trucks neither have studs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I will say the old bullydog tunes lay down more power then the extreme street tune. I ran mine around 30k with the bullydog before I had to stud the truck and I have a heavy foot and trailer. I installed the bd around 88k did studs around 121k . First rule of a 6.0 don't assume anything. Lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Oh yea I was using my a$$ dyno no real number from the statement above just my opinion not trying to piss everyone off I love my innovative tunes

·
The Muscle Hamster
233 Posts
I just blew my head gaskets on IDPs Xtreme tune. I have been back and forth between the Xtreme and Xstreet for 80k miles with no problems, but I catch a lot of crap from my buddies for not driving it hard enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts