Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Have you paired the adapter with your phone and downloaded Forscan Lite?

Are the lights lit on the adapter?
I actually can't remember if there are any lights on mine but I think there are.

If no lights check the fuses.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 Diesel 4x4 4EOD trans
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Have you paired the adapter with your phone and downloaded Forscan Lite?

Are the lights lit on the adapter?
I actually can't remember if there are any lights on mine but I think there are.

If no lights check the fuses.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
there are lights on the adapter the only one that shows up is the red one new thing that happen is that after a day of not running the truck it stalled while in the middle of traffic

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
When you opened up Forscan did you click on the plug icon up on the top?

When you click on it the program will connect with the adapter. You will then need to play with it a bit to figure out just how it works.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
When you opened up Forscan did you click on the plug icon up on the top?

When you click on it the program will connect with the adapter. You will then need to play with it a bit to figure out just how it works.
I tried connecting by pressing the plug icon every time it does it says no adapter found even though in the adapter settings and stuff it's clearly in there it's just not wanting to connect

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Have you gone into your phones Bluetooth settings and made sure that it is connected?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Have you gone into your phones Bluetooth settings and made sure that it is connected?
I think that might be the problem cuz when I try to connect it it doesn't truly show that it's connected to the Bluetooth but when I press the button it doesn't want to connect for some reason

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
And they said I would have to buy the whole harness when the only thing that's wrong is that the connector snap thing has broken off And they say that the whole wiring harness for that year of the truck is discontinued so is there an aftermarket thing I can just plug in there or I mean the plug still plugs in and it still feels like a tight fit but I don't want to go down the road and have it be jostled and then jostled loose and pretty much you know be dead stop on the middle of the road

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I have no idea of what that connector is without knowing just where it is besides in you hand for the picture.

Zip ties work wonders holding connectors together after the junk clips break.

There are aftermarket connector sites that would have new ones that you can splice in, Motorcraft even has one but I lost the link to it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I have no idea of what that connector is without knowing just where it is besides in you hand for the picture.

Zip ties work wonders holding connectors together after the junk clips break.

There are aftermarket connector sites that would have new ones that you can splice in, Motorcraft even has one but I lost the link to it.
Here is the connector where it plugs in I might try a ziptie but idk about that kind of connector

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/pubs/content/connectors/images/connectorcatalog.pdf
...idk about that kind of connector
It's C1047M
1997 Ford F-250 First Fixes picture | SuperMotors.net

Something like this might work, even though it's not the exact same shape.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079GNR57P

Or chop both sides off & change to this style:
Amazon.com

Even easier - chop them off & splice the wires together - they all unplug farther down anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I've got another one for you guys what sensor is this and how the blank do I take it off like what kind of tools do I use much appreciated for the reply that's coming All other codes went away after I replaced the driver's side glow plugs and valve cover wiring harness

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
IIRC that is the engine oil pressure gauge. The electrical connection should just slide/pop off the top (kind of like spark plug wires). Then just use a deep socket to remove (don't have a size off the top of my head). It is sealed with an oring.

Cj

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I've got another conundrum for u so I don't know if it pertains to the problem I was having earlier but the truck stalled today going down the highway at 69-70 mph and I had cruise control engaged I drove it home the rest of the way cause it started at 50-60mph didn't stall I am now in Montana and the weather is cold but I did wait like 15mins to wait for the truck temp gauge to read normal here is a vid of what happened

41 - 56 of 56 Posts