Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 Diesel 4x4 ,4EOD trans, Upgraded Alternator, Western plow relay,
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Here is what the craftsman data stream OBD2 gives me I am going to invest in forescan And a correct adapter for a Android phone but here's the data I got from just the OBd2 scan tool

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You need to post the video to youtube or similar and then link the video. As for the picture - that is the fuel pressure regulator. The sensor that leaks is a pressure sensor... but I have never found out where it goes. It may go to the PCM... but I far as I'm aware there is no PID for it.

·
Registered
1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 Diesel 4x4 ,4EOD trans, Upgraded Alternator, Western plow relay,
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
6,818 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The listing does not indicate that the scanner is 12 volt compliant. I would not buy it.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Your truck is a 12 volt system.

The batteries are wired in parallel, plus to plus and negative to negative which gives you higher amperage for starting.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I got my adapter off of Amazon in 2 days after ordering it.

I have no idea on that scanner
Mine said it would arrive February 8th if I bought it today or yesterday I need it before January because I'm going to be moving in January

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
I actually have two of them. One that I linked to in the post from Amazon that says that it would be delivered by the Dec 28 and then another one that has the February delivery date.

That is why I linked to the one that would get here on the 28th. I haven't looked at the differences between the two but the one that I linked to just stays in my truck where the other one is in a 2016 Explorer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I actually have two of them. One that I linked to in the post from Amazon that says that it would be delivered by the Dec 28 and then another one that has the February delivery date.

That is why I linked to the one that would get here on the 28th. I haven't looked at the differences between the two but the one that I linked to just stays in my truck where the other one is in a 2016 Explorer.
This one? Does it work with forscan or do I need a different program

Attachments

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Yes it works with FORScan

That's the one that I carry in my truck all the time just encase I need it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes it works with FORScan

That's the one that I carry in my truck all the time just encase I need it.

Here is more recent video I'm supposed to get the OBd2 on the 28th or 29th maybe the problem child is more prevelent now than before?
that's outside the truck this one is inside the cab

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Could it be the AC compressor since the truck itself has I've had it in the shop before for AC not blowing like super cold air like it's supposed to but I realized it's an old truck and you know old trucks usually don't blow super cold air or super warm it takes it about 10 minutes or so for it to warm up but again it's an old truck

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Could it be the AC compressor since the truck itself has I've had it in the shop before for AC not blowing like super cold air like it's supposed to but I realized it's an old truck and you know old trucks usually don't blow super cold air or super warm it takes it about 10 minutes or so for it to warm up but again it's an old truck
Or a vaccum pump

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I use a usb style obd scanner. I'm not much help on the Android/Bluetooth setup.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts