Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a few questions about my truck. first- when i go wot the rpms get close to the redline. will this cause the service engine light to come on or is there something else. second-when i bought the truck it had a superchips and an edge juice already installed. but the guy took out the edge pyro and put in an analog gauge. will this cause the edge to not perform the best. and finally-when i stomp on the throttle the egt's almost instantly climb to 11-1200. what would be a cheap and easy way to lower the egt's. thanks in advance. :confused:

·
Crazy *******
867 Posts
Sell the Edge and the Superchips, and get a custom chip from one of the sponcers.

Your truck will thank you.

Not really cheap, but you may come close to breaking even.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
be cheaper than a melted turbo,
edge and superchips,:badidea:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Buy a custom chip from someone here. If you can sell the JUNK that's on it that will be a blessing. But even if you keep one to read codes only get a custom tune. It just might save your eng & trans.

Get some guages first. This is a MUST have.

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a boost on order. tranny adn egt already installed. i just installed a 4" pipe this weekend and the truck sounds awesome when wot. but when i am bearly creaping adn the turbo starts to spool it makes a really loud hissing but when i romp the throttle it stops i am confused.

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much would a good chip cost. i wold like up to 140 to 180 hp, with a couple different settings inbetween. a setting just for towing.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
most chips 140hp max. usually... not to many can tune more than that.. need a few suporting mods to make that much more hp.

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what kind of injectors and turbo would i need. what else would i need to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
all depends on the hp you want and what you have now.. what mods do you have now?

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all i have is a cold air intake and the superchips and edge. im just starting the build up. i want around 500 for now until i can get a new block and build it the way i want it. i would eventually like to break 1000 with the fully build motor.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I would call up one of the sponsors on here and talk to them about your hp goals and they'll get you set up. Any one of them are great companies to deal and will steer you in the right direction. Its gonna cost a decent amount to get to 500hp.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Cummins or Duarmax for 1000

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i really appreciate all the insight and help from everyone.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
probly not gonna be streetable if your wanting 1000hp out of a 7.3l. 500 is def possible but still gonna be about 6k to get that...and thats without a tranny build added in...

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the 1000hp stroker will go in to a race truck. prob a 99 reg cab dually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts