Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the new BB turbo from Turbonetics other than just throwing one on and saying "YUP" in my best Hank Hill voice.....

????

Specifically drive pressure ratio's with different housings, ect?

IM almost sure someone has....specifically turbonetics themselves maybe:poke:

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think that they are just too new for that data to have been gathered yet. But if my understanding is correct it should be very similar to the results seen with the regular drop in TN as the BB just has the upgraded center section. I hope that either of the Brians see this and clarify the information.

Tom

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am patiently awaiting:poke:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i think they were testing it last week on a stock truck, and gene was testing one too. i believe it was going on an upgraded truck in iowa soon if it's not already on there

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Of the new BB turbo from Turbonetics other than just throwing one on and saying "YUP" in my best Hank Hill voice.....

????

Since nothing changed other than the bearing housing, I don't know why the drive pressure would be different than the other unit-which is well documented.

With the low temps we are seeing, drive pressures are low. We'll get more later.

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That helps.

I did not realize that it was the same turbo just a different center section.

If thats the case then enough said, but if the center section is more efficient then maybe the drive ratio might be a lil different.

I guess I should have picked that up when it was stated that the other guys could "upgrade" there center section.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
I believe Weweld is running around with one. Might wanna pm him.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

????

I tested mine with both the 38r with the 1.0 and the 1.15, TN with 1.00 and .84 housings...

I'll just give the MAX boost to MAX drive pressures...

38r at 36#'s boost was about 50-54#'s drive with the 1.00 housing...
38r at 34#'s boost was about 38-40#'s drive with the 1.15 housing...

TN at 34-36#'s boost was at 36-38#'s drive with the 1.00 housing...
TN at 34-36#'s boost was at 40-42#'s drive with the .84 housing...

Dont have a BB to test yet but I hope to get one and run all three housings on it... If it spools as good as I have heard the the 1.15 housing might be a SWEET set up...

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
whatever, the empirical evidence shows it doesn't leak like %$#^ garretts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redspotdance::D :supergay:
oops, maybe this belongs in the oil leak thread...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
whatever, the empirical evidence shows it doesn't leak like %$#^ garretts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redspotdance::D :supergay:
oops, maybe this belongs in the oil leak thread...

You know I forgot to mention that... The Garrett leaked oil on every test... every day... every time...LOL:poke:

·
Non Helpful Member
818 Posts
Yep and the TN I had never spooled with a **** had high egt's and smoke was BAD. How is that CSIPSD every time you post to knock the BB I will do the same with the TN since I TO HAVE HAD A TN AND A BB:swordfight:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Yep and the TN I had never spooled with a **** had high egt's and smoke was BAD. How is that CSIPSD every time you post to knock the BB I will do the same with the TN since I TO HAVE HAD A TN AND A BB:swordfight:
cuz garrett turbos suck....duh. i could write an emo song about this :D

·
Non Helpful Member
818 Posts
Oh yeah that TN was SO good I had I not saying garret is the best But shure as hell TN not the best just has the best marketing guys around you can only make a turd look so good.

NEXT :swordfight:

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tested mine with both the 38r with the 1.0 and the 1.15, TN with 1.00 and .84 housings...

I'll just give the MAX boost to MAX drive pressures...

38r at 36#'s boost was about 50-54#'s drive with the 1.00 housing...
38r at 34#'s boost was about 38-40#'s drive with the 1.15 housing...

TN at 34-36#'s boost was at 36-38#'s drive with the 1.00 housing...
TN at 34-36#'s boost was at 40-42#'s drive with the .84 housing...

Dont have a BB to test yet but I hope to get one and run all three housings on it... If it spools as good as I have heard the the 1.15 housing might be a SWEET set up...
Good study, thanks

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Cat

Not sure if you saw this or not, as it isn't technical, but it passed the surge test.

video

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
We just put the TN BB turbo on my nephews trucks and it is awesome with a 1.0 housing spools fast like a 6.0 and boost hits 29-31 depending on load. If you are looking to upgrade this is the one.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Any word yet if the BB cartridge can be retrofitted to the older journal bearing cartridges?

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
From what I've been told it's a completely new center section.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts