Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I did it this afternoon. What a PITA to get the one on the driver's side undone. I finally just popped the clips on the inlet and slid the tubing back. Save yourself the trouble and go this route for anyone looking to do it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Jesse did u leave that connector hang? I unplugged it and left it slid on the plug just enough so it would stay there because I didn't want it to somw in contact with the belt.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wish I would of unplugged it. Ive done 2 egr valves on 2 different trucks that I traded in. Both had the programmer and dpf delete both were plugged in, Im a Ford diesel tech, I got a call from Ford wanting to know if I hit the egr valve with a battery box cause it was fried internally obviously I didnt tell them how it happen lol.It will throw a p0403 after returning to stock, gonna unplug it on this next one for sure..

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Jesse did u leave that connector hang? I unplugged it and left it slid on the plug just enough so it would stay there because I didn't want it to somw in contact with the belt.
I have my EGR valve hold down tab under the right-rear intake elbow bolt so it doesn't bounce around. Have a read.....
EGR valve removal and fan clutch issues

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wish I would of unplugged it. Ive done 2 egr valves on 2 different trucks that I traded in. Both had the programmer and dpf delete both were plugged in, Im a Ford diesel tech, I got a call from Ford wanting to know if I hit the egr valve with a battery box cause it was fried internally obviously I didnt tell them how it happen lol.It will throw a p0403 after returning to stock, gonna unplug it on this next one for sure..
What are we talking about unplugging here. How many plugs are on the egr that need to be removed. I'm doing mine today, I'm going to wat a few months to remove the cooler and the other parts. Anyone have pics of which connectors?

·
Registered
1 Posts
you should just remove the egr and coolers,problem solved.

the egr valve isnt a total seal valve.

if you rupture a cooler,coolant can still enter the engine intake.
How? Just curious I think my cooler is ruptured, so I thought I'd unplug the egr valve in hopes it will prevent coolent from entering the intake, till I can fix it. But it appears I'm mistaken?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts