Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand this is more than likely the wrong forum, and this would be like finding a needle in a hay stack.. Anyway, I just put a deposit on this truck in NC. It was only owned by one person in TN., and was traded in at a dealer in NC for a King Ranch (so they say). I put a deposit on it, and I'm supposed to be there within a week to pick it up. If someone happens to know the truck, please let me know. I think the tires are a little small for the lift, but I may take that off and go with a 6'' kit. This is my first ford purchase since I bought my 7.3 in 99. I'm hoping it will be just as good. Let me know what you think.. Thanks..

Ford : F-350 : eBay Motors (item 300404607432 end time Mar-13-10 11:35:47 PST)

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Its a pretty sick truck. I hope u get it. little to much chrome for my liking. the tires are a little small but good for the time being. that lift on that truck is a bad A$$ system. and the best thing is the dashdaq already in it. one sweet truck. good luck with it.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Wow, DPF delete and dashdaq. Home run there. Good looking truck.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I wanna say I saw this truck listed on the org a few weeks ago for sale, I guess he decided to trade it in. I'm sure he lost big time on the trade in!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've already made the deal, given the deposit, and am supposed to pick it up sometime this week. I was actually hoping to find a blue one, but this one is basicly done already. I'll probably end up taking that kit off, and going with a 6'' and some different wheels.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Traded for a King Ranch huh? At a Dodge dealer? I sure hope he didn't go for all the glitter of a new Cummins... Same ole crap, new wrapper.

The Super Duty is getting a little aged as far as the body/chassis platform goes but it's a damn tough truck and Ford is keeping it updated in all the right places.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They said they own several dealers in the same town. One is a Ford dealer. I think I'm gonna drive up tonight to get it tomorrow.. Nice little 640 mile drive. I'm trading in the H2. Resale value on it is depressing. Paid 63k for it, getting 16k for it on trade.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was a little off. It ended up being over 750 miles each way. I left yesterday evening, drove 12 hours (thanks to the slow speed limits through the carolina's) picked it up this morning, and drove back 12 hours. I'm exhausted. I am truely impressed with the truck. It's awesome. It had more things that they didn't tell me like an AFE intake system and mag hytec rear dif cover. It also had reservoir shocks on the rear. I had compliments each time I stopped and while driving down the interstate. I believe I need to update the spartan possibly. I expected a little better mpg. After compensating for the mph guage being off by using my gps, it turned in 16.2 mpg running the 210 tune. I tried the 275, and it actually dropped to 15.x mpg. I was hoping to see a couple more with the 275 program like I've read others have. I'll get that staightened out. The truck rides great for a 1 ton. Overall, so far I'm extremely satisfied with it (knock on wood). The power delivery is more smoothe with the 6.4 than the other diesels I've owned.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts