Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
I helped a buddy install some on his 05 ram, he bought them from ebay and they were a BITCH to install. We went to the local street shop for advice and they said the first mistake we made was buying them off ebay, that and dodges ridiculously complicated wiring. But they are super bright!

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
dodges can detect burned out bulbs. thats why they dont work in dodges without major modifications. on our trucks it is very easy. unplug your factory bulb, out in the hid bulb. then plug in the ballast to the socket where the bulb used to go, then hook up the two wires going to the hid bulb from the ballast. took all of 10 minutes to do both sides, and they look awesome.

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
dodges can detect burned out bulbs. thats why they dont work in dodges without major modifications. on our trucks it is very easy. unplug your factory bulb, out in the hid bulb. then plug in the ballast to the socket where the bulb used to go, then hook up the two wires going to the hid bulb from the ballast. took all of 10 minutes to do both sides, and they look awesome.
Yep that was the exact problem.

I eventually want a set, but I want the clear headlights and foglights first.

·
Just A Squirrel
644 Posts
I have them,cant remeber brand got them from some guy on tds. The only thing i dont like is no hi-beam I dont really use them often but u lose the flash to pass option. I think kits with hi-beams are available. Other than that they are very bright and a nice kit. ill look for the brand:gun:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've got HIDs and have had them on almost all of my vehicles since they first came out on the market. A good quality set will run about $300 for a single burner and abour $450 for a dual burner (lows and low/high). I've always been a fan of Vision-X. Only problem I ever had with HIDs were with my McCullough HID kits. Ballast would always go out. A nice thing about HIDs now than a few years ago is the plug 'n play just got easier. It used to consist of a bulb, a starter, and a ballast with the wires. Now the starter and ballasts are integrated together for a MUCH CLEANER look!

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
are the HID's new headlight assemblies or just the lights and ballasts? anyone got a link to one?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Do you really need projector lenses to stretch the lights out or will our headlamps work with HIDs in them?

·
92 Posts
I just ordered some 6ks. no highbeems. the guy said very easy to install. samething. ballast and bulb got them from stealth automotive. not sure what brand. he said the 6k would be the brightes without too much color. (most white) dont know if thats true.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I just ordered some 6ks. no highbeems. the guy said very easy to install. samething. ballast and bulb got them from stealth automotive. not sure what brand. he said the 6k would be the brightes without too much color. (most white) dont know if thats true.
6000k is going to be the brightest and truest white light without going too yellow or purple.

Stock housings can be used, but should have them adjusted (pointed down) as the light pattern is much brighter and will shine into oncoming traffic if not adjusted correctly.

And they make aftermarket HID kits for just about every headlight out there that doesn't need the entire headlight assembly replaced.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If the HID capsule is designed properly they work great.

Poorly designed kits don't focus the light at all, rather just scatter it everywhere.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts