Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Has any one had one of these

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  drbalazo 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've always been an Alpine guy, but my second choice would be Kenwood. They make really good stuff in my mind. It looks like a nice HU lots of nice features plus unlike the alpine the navigation is already built into it. Pretty cheap price too! I would def look into it. Good luck with your choice!!

#3 ·
the real thing that's driving this is the fact that xm has begun to be full of comercials, the sound quality doesnt even compare to fm radio. I want to switch to sirrus.The other thing is the amount that im on the highway I figure it would keep the wife and future son happy.

#5 ·
their are quite a few on ebay as buy it now's from diffrent electronic stores from 799 to 949. from crutchfield their about 1400. now I just got to talk the wife into it.

#6 ·
I've been looking at that same Kenwood as well as the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 for my truck. The only thing I've done so far is read the reviews and online manuals, and this is what I've found so far through the reviews: It seems that the Kenwood works very well and has the best navigation, but some of the media (music, video, etc) controls are hard to figure out and not very user friendly. The Pioneer suffers a bit with navigation when compared to the Kenwood, but it's still good overall. It's a bit more user friendly for operation, but there are some key features missing and some things are not as easy to configure as the Kenwood.

Apparently each one has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

I'm thinking tomorrow of checking both units head to head at a stereo shop and play around with them for a bit. That way I can decide for myself which one I like best. More than likely it's all going to come down to personal tastes.

#7 ·
thats one thing that makes me want the pionner more for the wife. if Its to complicated she wont use it. she likes to control the music selection on the trips. Im just luck she likes the same stuff.

#8 ·
Well I checked them out today at a local car stereo shop. The cool thing is that they even had the navigation up and running on both of them, so I could map out directions and even look up restaurants and such.

After playing with both of them for quite a while (sales guy got bored of me and left, LOL), I have to say I like the Kenwood better than the Pioneer. All the reviews I've read about the Kenwood being more difficult to operate is just bogus. It was pretty simple for me to figure it out. The Ipod controls are easier to use, the NAV is faster, and just a few other things that made the Kenwood seem like a better fit for me than the Pioneer. And for a cheaper price than the Pioneer, I think I may end up with a Kenwood (as soon as I get permission from the wife).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I think it would be a good idea if you checked them out in person and got some hands on experience with each one to find out which one you and your wife like better.

#12 ·
Alpine is very good but way overpriced. IMO, Pioneer is as good as Alpine and way cheaper. Pioneer has proven themselves in the in-dash navigation units and their accessories. Look up the Avic-Z1/Z2 or the D-3 or N4 units. I just purchased the D3 for my 2002 F350 and absolutely love it. Plus it has 12 million POIs vs the 6 million that the kenwood has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.