Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be pulling the bed soon to work on the fuel tank sender r&r, a little cleanup (not a major restore), driveline and misc wiring work and figured it would be much easier access if the bed's off. I want to get rid of some of the fuel kickback when nearing full and from other reading, it sounds like the harpoon mod should do the trick. Will that do it? I'm not real interested in being able to put big truck nozzles in the tank or fill at super high speed, so the hutch mod doesnt seem to be necessary.

How far empty should the tank be to work on the sender? Its the front tank and still pretty full. Should anything else be done while the bed is off?

·
Registered
350 Posts
It can be as full or empty as you want BUT if your pickup umbrella or the screen inside it comes off or breaks or already has then you'll have to reach in there and fish it out which could be a long way on that long tank. The vent mod is pretty cool, especially for the cost. I used 3/4" vent and hose. I imagine it is pretty much cake with the bed off. Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts