Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got some early birthday presents coming. :D Got a Harley grill and Harley headlights coming as well as an '08 tailgate and '08 rear bumper.

The truck is an '05 XL. Am I gonna need a different plug or anything to put the Harley lights in?

Also, is the '08 bumper gonna match up to my '05 bumper brackets?

I figure the tailgate should mount right up, correct? No need to change cables or anything?

Thanx! :D

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
So got some early birthday presents coming. :D Got a Harley grill and Harley headlights coming as well as an '08 tailgate and '08 rear bumper.

The truck is an '05 XL. Am I gonna need a different plug or anything to put the Harley lights in?

Also, is the '08 bumper gonna match up to my '05 bumper brackets?

I figure the tailgate should mount right up, correct? No need to change cables or anything?

Thanx! :D

If the tailgates go the lift assist you need the 08 up bracket. Otherwise everything should bolt up

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem with the headlight wiring, it was the 04 and older harness's that needed to be changed for 05+ lights

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the tailgates go the lift assist you need the 08 up bracket. Otherwise everything should bolt up

Nah, it's the regular one. The fancy one costs more than twice as much as the regular one! :eek:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You shouldn't have a problem with the headlight wiring, it was the 04 and older harness's that needed to be changed for 05+ lights

Good deal. If I get lucky maybe I'll get the grill painted and put it all on before TS. That's not likely though. :p

·
Canadian Stroker
577 Posts
You need the drivers side hinge bracket that bolts to the body to make the tailgate work. But everything else on the gate is the same.

·
Registered
277 Posts
And the part # for that hinge (roller) is 4L3Z*83430B39*AA.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx!

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
You need the drivers side hinge bracket that bolts to the body to make the tailgate work. But everything else on the gate is the same.
Thats only if you got the lift assist

·
Registered
5 Posts
How big of a job and what kind of wiring needs to be changed to switch an 04 or older truck to the 05+ harley lights? thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
my tailgate had the lift assist. I just took it out and was able to use my stock hinges.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I think the rear bumper brackets are different...

·
Banned
924 Posts
How big of a job and what kind of wiring needs to be changed to switch an 04 or older truck to the 05+ harley lights? thanks
you will need a harness adapter

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put the different bracket (roller) on and it went right on. Looks great! :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
:whs: :popcorn:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still gotta take the flex fuel badge off. It's actually an '11 tailgate:

·
Diesel Addict
14 Posts
Wow very nice man, that's an 11' tailgate with a 08' bumper? Did everything bolt up ok? I gotta get me a new tailgate too was thinking about a newer model one.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wow very nice man, that's an 11' tailgate with a 08' bumper? Did everything bolt up ok? I gotta get me a new tailgate too was thinking about a newer model one.

It looks like he hasn't put the 08+ bumper on yet, just the 08+ tailgate. But yes it is a direct bolt up on the bumper & tailgate you have to replace the roller pin on the lower drivers side. O.P. looks good so far

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the bumper goes right on, I have a 2011 bumper on my truck....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts