Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried everything. All the home made remedies. ive tried mineral spirits, goof off, lemon juice, vinegar, lemon and vinegar, steel wool even. nothing helped. is there a product that will get rid off this? Im getting the truck painted soon and i want her to look awesome.

thanks guys
brandon

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you buy the metal wax at home depot or a store like that? It looks like is works wonders!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Or DP ( Detailers Pride) High Performance Glass Restorer. Lots of elbow grease or a machine, but it worked for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I used a buffing compound on my windows and it worked

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havent tried that combo yet, ill give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks man!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill try something soon eneoughm, all the home made remedies did nothing for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Little late on this, but I'll get in anyway.

We have very hard water where I live and I've dealt with this problem on my Ranger since 2003. I FINALLY found something that works last summer. I've tried everything just like you said. Steel wool, vinegar with newspaper, all sorts of polishes and glass cleaners. I even bought some hard water stain remover from a local glass shop.....none of it worked.

The stuff I've found that works is Whinks rust stain remover. You can get it at Wal-Mart in the household cleaner section. It takes a bit of elbow grease but it DOES work!

Amazon.com: Whink 01281 Rust Stain Remover: Automotive

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Little late on this, but I'll get in anyway.

We have very hard water where I live and I've dealt with this problem on my Ranger since 2003. I FINALLY found something that works last summer. I've tried everything just like you said. Steel wool, vinegar with newspaper, all sorts of polishes and glass cleaners. I even bought some hard water stain remover from a local glass shop.....none of it worked.

The stuff I've found that works is Whinks rust stain remover. You can get it at Wal-Mart in the household cleaner section. It takes a bit of elbow grease but it DOES work!

Amazon.com: Whink 01281 Rust Stain Remover: Automotive
I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
691 Posts
bon ami works well with some elbow grease.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bartenders friend works decently. After you get it off put a coat of rain-x it every 3-6 months and all youll have to use from then out is glass cleaner. Works good on home windows if you have hard sprinkler water.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts