Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Canadian Stroker
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after spending alot of time and money I finaly fixed my hard steering problem! With the help of a couple PSN members that convinced me to go to ford and buy one of their p/s pumps I did. Here is the quick version. After 8 years I got hard steering when not moving. Put a parts store pump on. No better. Put a ford one on. A little better. Took it back and put another ford one on. BAM problem solved.:ford::ford::ford:

·
Canadian Stroker
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What nobody is going to say don't waste your time and money that is just the way they are?? It is normal to have hard steering.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Not hard..but not as easy as hwy driving speeds.

PS pump in run of engine rpm so at a idle there's not as much fluid pumping through

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
I got a NAPA pump and it steered like crap, I broke that one pulling my engine out and went and found the cheapest one I could get. It was from oreilys auto and the thing works better than it ever did.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Congrats man. I have heard horror stories about this. Mine has always steered fine, even when still. It gets a little more difficult when I am running my 33x12.5 tires, but with stock it is fine. Glad to hear you got it solved.

Well after spending alot of time and money I finaly fixed my hard steering problem! With the help of a couple PSN members that convinced me to go to ford and buy one of their p/s pumps I did. Here is the quick version. After 8 years I got hard steering when not moving. Put a parts store pump on. No better. Put a ford one on. A little better. Took it back and put another ford one on. BAM problem solved.:ford::ford::ford:

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Why is it so damn tough to get a good replacement Power Steering pump.

·
Canadian Stroker
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no quailaty in rebuilds. Our trucks are so heavy that if the pump is not running at 100% pressure it wont turn. The first one I got from ford if you reved it just alittle it would turn easy. So the pressure was almost there. Such a fine line between working and hard steering.

·
Registered
545 Posts
any more info on this high output pump you speak of?

·
Registered
153 Posts
give agr a call. or go to agrperformace.com . they make an upgraded factory and a saginaw replacement. if you do the saginaw you need to get your hydroboost ported or you will shear the pump shaft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts