Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a post , it had an older truck that was hard starting. Mine sounds like your old one I always have to jump it to get it started .I tested the glow plugs (test light way) and found one bad I replaced it. New fuel filter, when I put the new fuel filter on there was a metal plate that was just laying on top of the filter I went ahead and just layed it on top of the new filter and screwed it on. When I try to crank it it first seems as though there is no fuel for a while. Then it will start to sputter at this point I have drained the battries and have to jump it. While jumping it a couple of warm ups(wait light) and she fires up. The engine runs smooth and fine after it starts.Was wondering if the fuel drains back into the tank thus having to cranks for long periods to prime the pump. any ideas?

·
Stone Crusher
371 Posts
Time for some new return lines. When the return line are tired, they can allow air to enter the system.

Now for that metal plate. This must be a 7.3. The plate would be whats left of the fuel heater. It should not be there.:shrug: It normally live in the filter header.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
yes they are.... oregonfuelinjection sells a good kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts