Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 95 psd. Its having troubles starting in the morning, I just put new glow plugs and a gpr in it about 3 weeks ago, new batteries and alternator. When it's plugged in it starts after cranking a couple seconds but it cranks slow, if it sits for a while not plugged in it takes sometime to fire and white smoke puffs out when it fires. Anybody got any ideas? I'm stumped

368 Posts
Check the 4 uvch connections for anything melted or burnt

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
cranks slow is batteries not having enough juice to spin it.
what are you using for oil and how cold is it? thin synthetic for cold operation

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Delo 400 and it's been about 25 degrees but itll do this even in 50 degree weather

368 Posts
Mine cranked slow as well (i have two red top optimas) and extended crank, pretty much same thing. Checked all connections, they were fine. So I disconnected batteries, removed chip. Let it sit over night and started it next cold morning. Started like it was brand new, cranked fast and fired after 2-3 seconds. Put the chip back in and it's acted normal since. Now I'm not saying the chip was the slow crank problem but for some reason after doing that, it fixed all my problems. It was so bad I was considering a gear reduction starter. Which I will do the day mine stops cranking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts