Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am getting closer to swapping my 95 PSD into my 86 so I want to make sure the engine is up to snuff, But i am a long way off from knowing these engines, Like i should

Anyway. I always started good for the past two years when i had to move it around the yard. Last summer i stole the batteries out of it for my 86, and it say for the past..........10 months? Well when i went to start it this spring i sole one battery out of my lightning and one out of the pulling truck. It cranked SLOW and no fire, so i put my 86 on it running for a good 20 min. It still cranked slow and no fire. So then i put the charger on one other battery and the 86 on the other for another 20 min. When i went to start it i putt the charger on START. Cranked over like it should but no start. So i undid the GP solinoid and gave it a shot of either. it took a couple of shots but i got her running. So now i can sit for just a couple of hours and not turn over worth beans, and the either doesnt quite do the trick unless the charger is on it on START. Could i of screwed up something in the alt when i was jumping it and the charger on start?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Sounds liker maybe a bad rusty starter. I would pull the starter and bench test it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I put different batteries in it and it starts way better now, But still dont start right. I'll prob have to check the GPs. But even after running an hour, shut it off, wait 25 sec, it cranks for about 5 sec before it fires then shakes for 1-2 sec then smooths out

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell you the truth, i didnt even look:doh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts