Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He the boss has a 05 thing sat for a week . Went to start it today at lunch time and it did,nt want to start, He says it took about 5 minutes before it smoothed out, romped the whole time. He said it also had no throtal, pushed it to the floor and nothing hapenned, This truck is all stock. the tec at the Ford dealership said it could be injectors, what about glow plugs, relay controler box. I,m not that good with the 6.0, as you can see I have a 7.3. any idea,s would be appreciated.

Dan

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
My dads 6.0 did a very similar thing, turned out they had to replace the ECU and update it to the latest software... now it runs great.

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
Find out what oil is in it. My 2004 romped bad when it was cold here until I ran either Motorcraft 10W30 diesel oil or the Schaeffers 7000 or 9000 synthetics...any of these keeps my truck from romping. Any other 15W40 diesel oil I tried would romp (Delo, Rotella, Castrol).

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot thay part when I posed the ? I would say in the mid thirties. It been fine sence then then , have to remember it sat for over a week.

Dan

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
i would say it was just cold. That tends to happen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts