Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 99 F250 auto tranny, not a diesel but I figured someone here would have some helpful hints.
The truck is hard to shift. The tranny itself shifts smooth, but on the column gear selector is stiff feeling. I went underneath and greased up the part that moves from the cable to the tranny but it didn't do much.
Is it just a cable I should replace or is there anything else I should look for?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Btt
I'm having a similar issue with my 99 f-350. The shifter is real sticky and hard to move. I replaced the cast tube when it broke last year, it shifted the same back then. Ive gotten used to the way it is, but my dad drove my truck tday and complaining about the way it shifted. Anybody else have this issue ? Any cures that you guys know of ?

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,124 Posts
I've seen the TRS bind up and make the shifter hard to move. The TRS is the sensor on the driver's side of the trans where the shift cable attaches. Remove the nut that holds the lever to the trans and see if that frees up the shifter. If so it is almost certainly the TRS.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you Mark . I will definitely do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts