Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 05 6.0. when i test drove the truck it was warm. since then i noticed that when i just start up it shifts hard and runs the rpm's up higher for the first few times through the gears. After that is shifts smooth as can be. Any one have any opinion on this?

jjmills

I

·
0 Posts
I just bought a 05 6.0. when i test drove the truck it was warm. since then i noticed that when i just start up it shifts hard and runs the rpm's up higher for the first few times through the gears. After that is shifts smooth as can be. Any one have any opinion on this?

jjmills
If you jump in, start it and drive away I would say it's normal. 6'0's like to warm up before being driven.

I

·
0 Posts
IDK, The two 6.0's I have owned don't shift all that well unless I let the temp come up a bit.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
2nd is over drive coming on with forward. Mine is firm. But thats in the tune...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I just wasn't sure if this was common with these motor/trany combos

jjmills

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Ok let me thread jack.

Mine has a noticeable clunk in the 2-3 upshift and it's done it for the last 60k miles. Is this something anyone has seen before or specific to my truck?

I

·
0 Posts
Ok let me thread jack.

Mine has a noticeable clunk in the 2-3 upshift and it's done it for the last 60k miles. Is this something anyone has seen before or specific to my truck?
Probably your specific truck.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
I didn't know if there might be a TSB out there somewhere

I

·
0 Posts
Intermittent Clunk from TorqShift Transmission:
Trucks equiped with the TorqShift may exhibit a clunk when shifting from drive or reverse to park, from reverse to drive, and/or at the 2-3 upshift. If these conditions are intermittent, it is normal play/backlash in the drivetrain. Broadcast Message 7028, 0215.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Well ok that's good I guess. I just wonder why I only get it on that shift.

I

·
0 Posts
Well ok that's good I guess. I just wonder why I only get it on that shift.
How many miles on your truck? Did you ever flush the trans? I know you said it has allways done it but maybe the filter was no good to begin with..

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
82k on the truck. It has had multiple trans services. I am thinking that something is just set up a little loose.

I was hoping that there was some snake oil I could put in there and make it all better

I

·
0 Posts
82k on the truck. It has had multiple trans services. I am thinking that something is just set up a little loose.

I was hoping that there was some snake oil I could put in there and make it all better
Is your truck tuned?

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Yeah Innovative

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Well it seems to do it with any tuning, but it is more pronounced with aggressive tuning.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts