Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brief history....

02 7.3 f-250 4x4 crew cab...have RBP ehaust, cold air intake, Edge chip (set at towing)..

well tranny started shifting very hard into 3rd gear...not sure when it started? may have been like this all the time, but just started to notice it!! all mods done 5 years ago!!

anyways...took truck to local Mechanic, said common problem with thes trans, the acuator springs go bad...so 400 bucks for fix.... Needless to say it DID NOT fix problem!! mechanic said....oh well more damage done than we thougt...2400 for new rebuild!! took truck home and contimplated next move!!

researching this forum, notice some mention EDGE programmer SUCKS!! so i thought for the heck of it...i put it back to the stock settings..

OMG>>>> hard shift completely disappeared!! all gears shift smoothly!!

has anyone else had this experience? does this seem possible??

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had an edge in mine as my fist tuner, I left mine in extreme all the time, I toasted my tyranny in two months, lesson learned now I've got a better one.

·
Registered
602 Posts
And also put 3 computers in it in about 8 months I've got a chip in it now and had no problems, now I'm ready to get back to san Antonio for some TSD custom tunes

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had the evolution

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
That doesn't make sense. Why should Edge cause a problem today and be fine the last few years?

I think, more likely the Edge brought the problem more to light. If what I think is correct, your trans might be fine for now but is ready to let go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts