Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and also a recent owner of a 97 f250 crew cab 4x4 the truck was in rough conditions when I purchased it and have replaced a lot of sensors and parts, but the issue I'm having is say I'm at a red light and accelerate hard the truck hesitates and then slowly powers up as the RPMS slowly get up this issue I have had since I bought the truck even does it if im on the freeway and I want to pass someone up. I have the Torque pro app all numbers look good expect the hp number shows I max out at 120HP at WOT.

This is the list of parts I have replaced since I owned the truck and all the things I have checked to figure out my issue.

fuel pump 7 months ago
fuel pressure shim 7 months ago
IPR last week
ICP/ pigtail 3 months ago
6637 air filter
3 inch diamond downpipe last week

HPOP shows 2400, 2500 at WOT idles around 580
IPR 11/12% at idle and 35% WOT
the MAP shows slow increase till about 8.0 then shoots up to 14,15 WOT
fuel pressure is at 50,65 at idle

on the car gauge app I ran
ran buzz test passed
passed contribution test
no check engine light or codes

EBPV is disconnected and when I did the downpipe I made sure the flap is wide open

I do have a leaks on both Manifolds

at this point I don't know what else to do or check I don't have a programmer and the truck idles smooth HELP!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
As far as manifold leaks go are they cylinder head to manifold leaks ? Are there any up pipe to turbo leaks ? How bad are the leaks ? Can you actually hear it ticking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry but yes I got the dreaded ticking noise at the exhaust manifold gaskets by cylinder 7,8 so I got a leak on both sides on 1 cylinder each.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have you run a compression test?

A reading of 375 is good. A compression of 325 will run the engine, but it will be weak and usually prone to smoke.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah I think a basic compression test is in order . The engine might be worn out .
How does the wiring harness look , the one that runs across the engine and attaches to the valve cover connections and all your sensors ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I try to get it done this weekend to see what my numbers are, but would compression make the truck hesitate though. When you punch it falls flat like nothing its on its face then slowly builds up power/boost through the RPMs.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I try to get it done this weekend to see what my numbers are, but would compression make the truck hesitate though. When you punch it falls flat like nothing its on its face then slowly builds up power/boost through the RPMs.

You could pull the fuel bowl and clean the inlet screen and see if that helps . Be prepared to replace hoses and O rings .
Search the site and you’ll find many rebuild articles and how to’s

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Over the weekend I took off the fuel filter off and did see that the screen inlet was clogged up for the 3rd time I cleaned it out and afterwards the truck ran alot better it doesn't fall on its face still hesitates some but not as bad. Is there a way to prevent the screen from plugging up when I replaced the Fuel pump I removed the fuel bowl cleaned out the bottom which was pretty dirty cleaned the screen and replaced all fuel lines related to the fuel bowl that's why I didn't expect it to have been so dang clogged up I change the fuel filter pretty much every time I change my oil.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You could put a inline filter of some type in the suction side . You could also drop the fuel tank (s) and clean them out .
A inline filter would require constant attention, but sooner or later you’d get all the trash out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts