Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Happy Camper!

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  RescueF250 
#1 ·
Some of you know that I have been nursing a leaking EGR cooler in my truck for most of a year. Recently the oil cooler started showing signs of restriction with EOT temps bouncing around 220*+. I had been collecting parts for some time and finally decided I needed to get the situation taken care of before worse problems started to surface.

Adam....(Hawgdoctor)....just opened a new shop in Fredericksburg and I decided to hand the virginity of my truck over to him while being the first customer on his new bright, shiney lift. He was kind enough to reserve a shelve in his shop for all of the parts/pieces I accumulated for the job. Most of you know I have done a few mods to my truck and do all the work myself so I tend to be a bit particular about how things are done. It was not easy for me to hand over the keys. Adam assured me he would be gentle and take good care. Besides, he had the lift! Not much chance I was going to tackle the job myself without a lot of grunt work.

After a week I finally got to take the truck for a ride. Its a whole different machine and I couldn't be happier. Included in the surgery were heads checked and milled flat, new HG, ARP studs, Warren Diesel 175/75 injectors, new oil cooler, Doug's intake manifold and a Powermax turbo. Misc items included all of the upgraded lines fittings, sensors, coated exhaust etc. The tune was by Doug. The truck runs like an animal! Very responsive....lots of power. I left the shop and took her on a trip to Texas where I picked up a 40' flatbed trailer. Trailer weighs in at 7000lb empty and the truck handled it with no effort at all.

I just wanted to put in a plug for one of our own. At Strokers Unlimited Adam does very good work at a very reasonable price. I know that some of you are on his shop schedule. You will not be disappointed!

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool deal with Adam getting you taken care of.
Not to hijack your thread but a few Saturdays ago I had a braided hpop line chafe in to my main fuel feed hard line and I was leaking fuel. I called Rescue 250 who gave me the address to Strokers Unlimited. I limped it over there on that Saturday at 3:00pm and Adam and Kevin got me up and running within an hour.
Adam (Hawgdoctor) is a great dude for hooking me up with a quick fix.
Thanks Adam

#14 ·
do some h-11s you'll be able to reuse them more then arps. I wish I would've put H-11s in when I did mine. Depending on how far I go with my truck I will.

But enough on side tracking on my part. Get your trucks together before this G2G were planning.

#17 ·
Your always cheap Greg, awsome bet your happy shes running again. You love it. I miss my injectors plan on going bigger future wise. Perks of having a shop close by. Adam gonna have his hands full.

#18 ·
Well you know how to find me when you're ready to put the fire under her ass again. Already lookin forward to this lease being up so that more space can be had in the form of my own building. :evil

#20 ·
Welcome Greg aka Low bidder. :poke:

Oh I've been talking to Casserly about stuff, and a few other people but I aint releasing anything yet. Made some changes n decision will make more after I meet up with a few ppl soon. :poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.