Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I bought a '94 XL a while back for a quick flip, and then he fell in love with it so he bought my half out... He drove it for a while and finally got sick of the exhaust leaks in the cab, the messy driveway from leaking nearly a quart a day, the plumes of grey smoke, and the struggle to make 10PSI of boost. So, me being a welder, and my buddy being fully capable of buying pizza and beer (but not rich enough to afford the aftermarket solutions,) we whipped up the solution to his problem - a set of bellowed up pipes, a cleaned up collector & EBPV outlet, and an EBPV deleted pedestal.

Just thought I'd throw up a few pics for your viewing pleasure. :)

Oh and while we were at it, we threw a 1.0 exhaust housing on and a 3" downpipe... now makes 21PSI of boost and makes all sorts of wonderful turbo whistling noises. Needless to say... we're both grinning ear-to-ear. :D

·
Guilty on all counts
339 Posts
I have so much respect (and jealousy) for you handy, fabrication people!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very nice...I have been thinking about doing the same thing.

How did you handle the slip joint area? If you have any pics of it that would be great too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Mike - quite honestly, not much... I took a fine grit emery cloth to them to knock down any burrs and then used a set of Victor Reinz F17250 gaskets so they fit nice and tight. It doesn't seem to be leaking but if I had another set of pipes that were badly scored, I would just fire up the TIG again and run build-up passes until I got back to original height.

Through one of my welding connections I scored a 20lb roll of .035 316 stainless MIG wire... It gets cut into 18" lengths for TIG filler... As you can imagine I have a hell of a lot left!!!

Buddy with the '94 called me tonight... "Dude, I haven't had to put a single drop of oil in this truck in the last two weeks, this is AWESOME!!!" LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts