Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are my figures.

went 292.3 miles filled up with 17.77 gallons equal to 16.375 thats with a mix of city and interstate driving.

The computer said 17.2 mpg, told me I has used 16.69 gallons of fuel and it had been on for 8.47 hours.

also for those who asked about fill up time, it took .32 gallons after the first click to top it off.

I am going about 400 miles tomorrow gonna set the cruise at 70 and see what it will do.

Post up your hand calculated numbers, FWIW, my truck has almost 1200 miles on it.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went 192.4 at apprx 70 mph with 1 regen and filled up today with 11.13 gallons, figure to be 17.28 mpg.

The computer info was 3.54 hours. said I used 10.7 gallons and it had an average MPG of 18.0 at the tine of fillup..

If the regen didn't happen, mileage would have been much better.

post up your results other 6.7 owners

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i'll have some info to add to this section over time.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I got 10.99 pulling my enclosed trailer(28ft) and race truck(6600lbs). On the way back from Red Deer the milage got even better, going by what the truck says. My truck has just over 1400km's, is a cc/lb 4x4 dually with 285/75/17 A/T's. I haven't driven empty enough yet to calculate that. I'm very happy with the milage so far.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got 15 mpg all highway 70-75 mph yesterday. I put bigger tires (35x12.50x20) and wheels on which I feel will somewhat reduces gas mileage plus here in the midwest our highways have slight grades 1-3% that are several miles long.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
It's kind of funny but sad at the same time that some guys were talking about getting 20mpg++ on a regular basis based on the lie-o-meters in a few test trucks.

Anyways, the real world mpg numbers are reasonable for a truck this capable.

I get 16 mpg most tanks w/ varied driving w/ 550hpish unrestricted 7.3 on 35s.

The laws of physics aren't easy to change so I'd expect about the same out of an unrestricted 6.7 driven in the same manner.

If you want to get better mpg buy a lighter, more aero truck, w/ small little wheels like a GM.

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
17.9 mpg. 85 miles city, 304 miles highway running 60-75.

Lie-o-meter said 18.1 at fill-up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am averaging high 14- low 15 mpg with 3.55 gears. mixed city and highway miles unloaded. Every fill up, the lie-o-meter is off by 1 gallon of usage and 1 mpg. I fill my truck up the same every fill-up. How can the computer lose 1 gallon of fuel and not account for it? My lift goes on this week with 37's and I predict that my lifted 6.0 with the same size tires will out shine in mpg. Not too happy with the 6.7's mpg but everything else is all smiles.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am averaging high 14- low 15 mpg with 3.55 gears. mixed city and highway miles unloaded. Every fill up, the lie-o-meter is off by 1 gallon of usage and 1 mpg. I fill my truck up the same every fill-up. How can the computer lose 1 gallon of fuel and not account for it? My lift goes on this week with 37's and I predict that my lifted 6.0 with the same size tires will out shine in mpg. Not too happy with the 6.7's mpg but everything else is all smiles.
I dont think the computer takes into account how many gallons of fuel is being sprayed into the DPF during a regen, thats about all I can think of.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My lie o meter isn't really off by much from hand calculated numbers or by how many liters I put in vs. how much it said I used.

3600km's and only 1 regen too.

My 6.4 use to regen 2 or 3 times per tank lol.

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
Towing #6800 in a 7x16 tandem axle trailer. Ceiling is 6.5'. Low: 10.5mpg @ 75-80mph w/ headwind. High: 13.2mpg @ 65-70mph no headwind. Lie-o-meter is consistantly .1-.2 mpg higher than hand. No complaints yet. I will be adding airbags and a sway bar to the rear. These longer springs seam to squat easier while providing a better ride. Tow/Haul downshifting is very aggressive.

We are currenlty in Chamberlain, SD. Off to Mt. Rushmore today and then heading over the big hills Thursday and Friday.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.