Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my halo rings have faded over time and looking around I see halo rings in both cfl and led all over eBay. I've even seen videos in how to make good quality led rings... I want to change them to red anyways so I'm looking at putting new rings in my recon headlights and fogs. Anybody done this? I remember when people were doing projector retrofits seeing a lot about people baking their dang headlights to remove the covers to access the inside... Looks like a pain but possible...

Direction to any DIY angel eye/halo ring threads or advice would be very helpful ...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Post a picture of your lights. I can get them through a supplier, just need to know sizes.
These are led rings, not the plastic ones. Have had mine for 2 years no ballast and they are bright..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389999873.938424.jpg
Not too worried about the headlights but those fogs are terrible... I see tons of rings on eBay that are pretty inexpensive just unsure if I want to go led or ccfl now cause I like the solid ring look more but led is more practical

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are your headlights spyder or recon? Mine are recon and it's tough to get accurate measurement thru the cover... I was thinking of doing that as well with color changing. I like the option, my plan would be to run normally in cool blue/white color close to my 6k hid and then rig that color changing panel somehow to have a momentary red on it.... Just for messing around...
Pm me the cheapest you could get a full set of high/lo and fog color changing led rings and I'll compare to eBay pricing

Btw you mind taking a daytime pic about the same dist as your first and then another day or night about 3x the distance away
I understand red might attract attention on the front, but If they are color changing they'll be fine as I can switch em for road and have em red when I'm messing around....

·
Registered
94 Posts
The fog lights I got from a friend of mine so I have no idea on those, they are aftermarket and horrible quality. My headlights are recons, I got them from a friend that had them for 60 doll hairs. They were chrome and I painted them white to match the truck. Not a huge chrome fan..

And here is a day time pic. iPhone camera doesn't do them much justice.

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
How can I do this? I absolutely love this look!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What size rings did you get for the RECON's? I'm stoked we got the same setup so I don't have to disassemble my light to get a proper measurement first

Hopefully I can find rgb rings so I can change color and then do what I'm trying to do with the std blue for regular drl then be able to change to red on command

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
Are your headlights spyder or recon? Mine are recon and it's tough to get accurate measurement thru the cover... I was thinking of doing that as well with color changing. I like the option, my plan would be to run normally in cool blue/white color close to my 6k hid and then rig that color changing panel somehow to have a momentary red on it.... Just for messing around...
Pm me the cheapest you could get a full set of high/lo and fog color changing led rings and I'll compare to eBay pricing

Btw you mind taking a daytime pic about the same dist as your first and then another day or night about 3x the distance away
I understand red might attract attention on the front, but If they are color changing they'll be fine as I can switch em for road and have em red when I'm messing around....

There are Red Light Bandit laws against displaying red lights on the front of your vehicle. Thugs used to use them to pull over women and assault them. Most every state has laws against doing this.

The cops have Zero Tolerance over the use of red lights by non public safety people.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Up here also, red and/or blue lights on a non-emergency vehicle will be pulled over and ordered to remove them, even if they are not wired up. If they lights are not removed within the specified period you will receive a fine plus another deadline after which your vehicle will be impounded.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As long as they are not flashing its a ticket, they just have to be off while driving in a parking lot it doesn't matter. * in Louisiana

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
Michigan is just like that. They say if its in the parking lot and you're showing off, go right ahead but the second that thing rolls with those lights on, they'll catch you. Mainly it all results in the officer you come across, how much he intends to use his discretion and maybe (Unfortunately) the mood he's in.

It is a very cool add on. Most police officers would agree that it gives the vehicle a personality, remember they are humans too and may have just the same passion for vehicles as all of us and a lot of them would or have done the same things to their vehicles. I say if you are to take the risk of getting "that one officer" (in this case), just, you know, don't screw around with the privilege.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts