Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Gettin my chip from tdp my truck smokes like hell..... and a lot of under the Hood is covered in soot because my up pipes are leaking so I need up pipes and I want a Turbo so I've been looking at swamps h2e kit and it seems perfect for what I want out of my truck Just want to here what you guys think of it and if its everything I need for an early 99 and possably if there is a better deal out thear thanks

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
A solid choice. Wop qssb is another ot beans d66 and brass doughnuts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Finally somebody who actually wants power without smoke...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
am i going to need head studs and woud i get the same power from a d66

·
Registered
53 Posts
im looking for a turbo upgrade too, i dont have leaky up pipes but i do want a better turbo. Im leaning toward the D66 but also am looking at the H2e

·
Cantankerous Old Redneck
627 Posts
I have a D-66, and wish that I had spent the extra $$$ and put a modded H2-E on it, with the bellowed up-pipes and the 3" plenums.....lot more airflow ....more $$, but you can get a bunch more air into the engine.... fwiw ....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Any chance you can run an H2E with stock injectors for a bit?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
No need for studs. Your Injectors will not fuel enough to create high enough boost pressure. I would definitely get the bigger 3 inch plenums like the late 99-03 have. Also I would choose a kit that has the bellowed up pipes cause we all know the donut style sucks balls.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like my h2e set up. I had a d66 before, but it had just a tad of surge with my stage 2's. Depending on how far you want to go, a d66 or like will be ok for stock sticks and up to stage 1 sticks. And like said above, get bellowed up pipes. If anybody wants a freshly rebuilt d66 with larger housings etc... Shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bellowed up pipes are 850 and brass doughnuts are 85 i really dont see how they can be woth it when stock ones have lasted over 170,000 miles...... i would like to have them but thats ridiculous

·
Registered
245 Posts
Man where are you buying those??? I have seen bellowed up pipes for $525 and they are stainless.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont see how they can be worth it for an e99 imo

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I also have an e99 and have searched the Internet to no end. I decided to go to Jake at irate diesel and run the s366 kit. I haven't put it on yet but here it spools fine with stocks sticks and it comes with bellowed up pipes and the upgraded 3inch intake pieces. For just over 2 grand I've found it to be The best bang for your buck with room to grow if you please

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Thats why i mentioned the brass doughnuts 85 bucks be. Alot cheaper then 900.
Now if you can weld really good have at it.
Stock or stage one d66 is fine...over that and your into a mount for a grand or more then choosing a turbo, getting larger or billet intakes etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you mean weld really good like make then?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
People like moore, have made thier own mounts, maybe joe.
To me it is an easy choice i only have a crappy arc welder, and my welds look like dried toothpaste so it is irate or hypermax for me..

Some pople have the skill and can layout some nice mounts.

Look for user moore2000 or something like that he had a really good post on his,
It was a t6 but similar process.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts