Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just snagged a H2e turbo and I'm looking for some good info about this turbo.

Where can i get a rebuild kit for it?

It's got a 17cm exhaust housing. What is the ideal one for towing?

I have a van turbo and I am not happy with the smoke when driving around town. (lag up a hill and the truck likes to kick down a gear and black out ppl behind me)

Any other good info is much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.. Ceramic coated exhaust housing... it's got about 30k on it.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Call up Beans and send it to them... They can get it rebuilt and or modded.

17cm housing is a good one.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
The haze you're talking about going up hill should be taken up with your tuner, not your turbo. Stage 1's, hell anything under 200cc should not haze up hills. My 238's with DP tuner with a TN BB and a 38R did not haze going up hills and that was in the mountains of NC and VA. Certainly not the rockies... but still.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The haze you're talking about going up hill should be taken up with your tuner, not your turbo. Stage 1's, hell anything under 200cc should not haze up hills. My 238's with DP tuner with a TN BB and a 38R did not haze going up hills and that was in the mountains of NC and VA. Certainly not the rockies... but still.
grrr... that pisses me off.. I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about and that tunes were just fine....

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Yeah, a stock h2e is a larger turbo then the Van turbo on your truck.

FWIW... I had 300/400's from Swamps with a 74/88 S400. In my street tune it could cruise at 60, 70 or 80 and barely haze...

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think this makes the assumption that all else is correct such as no hot side leaks, no cold side leaks, not way low ICP, a good turbo, no injector issues.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
True.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think this makes the assumption that all else is correct such as no hot side leaks, no cold side leaks, not way low ICP, a good turbo, no injector issues.
Those assumptions are correct. The only issue I have at this time is a small leak from my non serviceable plug.

I think the efficiency of the H2e and different tuning would make a huge difference. I am thinking a live tune w/ Cale at BTS or maybe a road trip to Matt at Gearhead would make me a happy boy

·
Registered
239 Posts
How fast are you going when you it smokes real bad going up a hill? I'm also wondering is this a daily driver tune or a hot tune?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I have a small hill by my house, in my tow tune, if I go up the hill at 40MPH with the truck in O/D, it lets out a steady stream of smoke. Way more than a haze. If I kick out of O/D, smoke clears right up.

If you lug a turbo, the truck will smoke.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Those assumptions are correct. The only issue I have at this time is a small leak from my non serviceable plug.

I think the efficiency of the H2e and different tuning would make a huge difference. I am thinking a live tune w/ Cale at BTS or maybe a road trip to Matt at Gearhead would make me a happy boy
you will be very happy if you get tunes from cale.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I'm not saying he has to switch tuners... I'm just saying maybe some fuel, icp and duty cycle can be pulled back in a daily tune....

I know my ICP was pulled way back and what a difference it made in the smoke output. In my street tune now... at WOT I can only make about 25 psi on the 75mm charger and it smoked about like a 140 smoke tune on a stock truck... but when I'm giving it barely any throttle... it doesn't haze or smoke.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How fast are you going when you it smokes real bad going up a hill? I'm also wondering is this a daily driver tune or a hot tune?
I am going 25-30mph. going up the hill at maybe 1/4 throttle. If the RPM's drop below 2k it wants to kick down and just pour smoke.

this is in 80 economy tune.

I'm not saying he has to switch tuners... I'm just saying maybe some fuel, icp and duty cycle can be pulled back in a daily tune....

I know my ICP was pulled way back and what a difference it made in the smoke output. In my street tune now... at WOT I can only make about 25 psi on the 75mm charger and it smoked about like a 140 smoke tune on a stock truck... but when I'm giving it barely any throttle... it doesn't haze or smoke.
Well the fact that I was told I didn't know what I was talking about pissed me off.. I'm prob gonna go visit Cale. It's silly not too. I'm 170 miles away.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I am going 25-30mph. going up the hill at maybe 1/4 throttle. If the RPM's drop below 2k it wants to kick down and just pour smoke.

Well the fact that I was told I didn't know what I was talking about pissed me off.. I'm prob gonna go visit Cale. It's silly not too. I'm 170 miles away.

I was told that same thing....:doh:

·
Registered
239 Posts
When I had that same tuner on my truck, It would smoke but it cleaned up quick once the truck revved some. Maybe some tuning.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts

with my truck in the stock tune with my setup it smokes a little less than a 140 extreme on stock injectors and it made like 350hp on the dyno in the stock tune with cales tunes. those arent even live tunes either i will prolly have him live tune it when i go down on the 4th of next month

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Well you have almost the same setup as abianca... he has Hypermax 250's and a 66 H2E from BTS... I'm not going to lie, it does HAZE but it's very faint. He's on his 2nd chip and Cale wants to get the truck to live tune it. It might have something to do with the nozzles in this case though....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts