Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. just wondering what turbos were bolt ons for the H2E kit that we can use for upwards of 550hp.. i know the modded H2E can go 600. so what other turbos can be used for this kit and what kind of power ranges can they make?? my plan is to run 300/400's or 350/400's. not exactly sure, but i will not be going any smaller than 300/200's.. :D may decide to use 200% nozzles depending on how much street driving i end up wanting to do with it. just want to see my options if i get this H2E kit w/out the turbo.. thanks guys :evil

P.S.-remember, this is on a manual trans truck. haha. may be adding another turbo down the road or a procharger..

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Thats pretty big injectors. My H2E was Dockboys old one and I think he dynoed around 560-570 on fuel only, and maybe just a shade over 700 on spray. ? I dynoed 569 on spray with smallish injectors (230/and either stock or 100%). Ran faster on fuel only with these big ones (340/200%) than it did on the bottle with the smaller ones. Its the 71/ 19 modded one with a different compressor wheel than normally used. Might be up for sale soon as I get it rebuilt and checked out. Ican tell you, thats one TOUGH turbo. I would have no problem telling anyone to go that route. Awesome as a daily driver, spools quick with decent injectors, and could still tow okay. Tuning is key with that much power though. After several years of abuse on my part it still has the same amount of shaft play it had when I got it freshly rebuilt from Greg. Only thing wrong it now is too much heat too many times on the exhaust wheel. Gonna send it out soon to get it checked out/ rebuilt. Cant go wrong on a H2E IMO. I would never get a standard one with that much fuel though. My 340/200% is way more than it could clean up without spray.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my true goal is 600 on fuel which is why my injector plans are kinda large. i don't do much towing so i'm not too worried about that with this truck. so you say that a modded H2E to 71mm/19 would provide what i want with 300/200's?? i may actually need more power than my goal is as i'd like to see anywhere in the 12's with it and the truck weighs close to 6k lbs. i know, drag racing a 5 speed is pointless, but i just wanna do it for my own satisfaction as i have had too many ppl tell me i can't do it. LOL. i was thinking of going to the larger 400% nozzles to try to get more RPM out of it so i can hold each gear longer on the strip to help times and put power to the ground a little longer in each gear, but thats for a whole different thread and more research than i've done on injectors so far. LoL

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Call Swamps, they can set you up with a BFH to fit that H2e mount. :D

Dave

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
I made an adapter mount and egg shaped the holes on and S400 and used an H2E mount.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hijack!

What oil are you going to use?

Are you running a short throw yet?

You eventually gonna run a 4 link?

What tires are you running?

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hijack!

What oil are you going to use?

Are you running a short throw yet?

You eventually gonna run a 4 link?

What tires are you running?
i'm going to use Royal Purple or Shaeffers after i pull the engine and get the dipstick o-ring taken care of, tried to fix it in the truck and it worked great for like 2 days and started leaking again. haha.

yes, i'm running a short throw in it. i only lose about 10lbs of boost between shifts with it. the 2-3 shift seems to be the toughest to keep boost in and i lose about 14lbs in that shift.

don't know if i will run 4 link. if i can get it hooking up w/out 4 link then no, but if i can't then i may try it. i haven't set up a 4 link before so i have no clue what i'm doing with it.

right now i'm using Pirelli Scorpion A/T's and i can't cut anything better than a 2.5 60'. most of my 60' times seem to be 2.6 and 2.7's, but i have seen 2.5's. stupid thing bounces like hell if i launch above 1000 RPMs and i do have traction bars. i think they are slipping b/c i made them bolt on, not weld on. gonna try welding them on the axle to see if that keeps the hop down.

i would rather not run a BFH. i want to steer away from BFH's and sledgehammers if at all possible on this truck. i can find an S400 and mod it to work if all it takes is to knotch out a hole.

So what would i need to get in order to not have to use an adapter for the H2E to run an S400?? i guess the S400's are T6 and thats the reason for the adapter? if that's so i would just mod the H2E's T4 w/ an adapter or something to fit the T6 or something. what size S400 y'all think would spool up decent for slight street use and strip use??

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
you can get a T4i foot s400 turbine housing that bolts right up to the hypermax mount .. Swamps and Carson both sell them, turbine housings only, or a complete turbo. I think a 75mm compressor wheel with 82 or 88 mm turbine wheel would be a good turbo to run... not small by any means, but not large. Alot of stock forged rod bottom end guys are running 300/400's with that turbo setup and getting good results. It's ALOT of power though!

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
The H2e mount is T4i, not T4. Most BFH and Sledgehammers come with an H2e style exhaust housing so they bolt right up.

And so you know, a BFH is an S400, and a Sledge is an S300. Depending on what you're using it for, they will come from Swamps in different wheel and housing sizes.

Also, with certain wheel and housing sizes, you can spool an S400 almost like a stock turbo, so just because it's big doesn't mean it will be laggy. Case in point my old turbo was a small S465, it would run 23psi on stock AA's with a small turbine wheel and housing. With 275's it was almost like a stock turbo.

Dave

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
you can get a T4i foot s400 turbine housing that bolts right up to the hypermax mount .. Swamps and Carson both sell them, turbine housings only, or a complete turbo. I think a 75mm compressor wheel with 82 or 88 mm turbine wheel would be a good turbo to run... not small by any means, but not large. Alot of stock forged rod bottom end guys are running 300/400's with that turbo setup and getting good results. It's ALOT of power though!
:whs:

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The H2e mount is T4i, not T4. Most BFH and Sledgehammers come with an H2e style exhaust housing so they bolt right up.

And so you know, a BFH is an S400, and a Sledge is an S300. Depending on what you're using it for, they will come from Swamps in different wheel and housing sizes.

Also, with certain wheel and housing sizes, you can spool an S400 almost like a stock turbo, so just because it's big doesn't mean it will be laggy. Case in point my old turbo was a small S465, it would run 23psi on stock AA's with a small turbine wheel and housing. With 275's it was almost like a stock turbo.

Dave
i know what the BFH and sledgehammers are. It's personal reasons that keep me from using them though sadly..

so an S475 w/ 82 or 88mm turbine would be good for this setup. i think that's what Marty had right? the 82mm turbine? i would probably opt for the 88mm turbine in case i decided to go a little bigger to give it a better chance.. would there be any need in wastegating this turbo to keep it happy on nitrous if i decided to spray it???

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Martys was 88mm.
oh. for some reason i thought it was 82mm since it popped when he went to the 400/600's. oh well. i don't know all y'alls trucks yet. need to do more reading on the site still. haha. thanks for the correction.

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
I bought his old 88 housing but it was cracked after 4 stages of nawzzz, but he didn't look it over and he straightened up with me, so its all good.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
If you've got an issue with Swamps then just call up River City Turbo yourself, they build the turbos for Swamps.

Mine is a 76/88 with a 1.32 T4 housing, and it's setting on a Turbonetics T4 kit. Are you using a T4 or T4i housing, your going back and forth between them is getting confusing? You need to decide on the size injector you'll be using, then you can spec the turbo properly.

Also, there is a vendor that has some adapters for using T4 and T6 turbos with the H2e mount with no mods to the pedistal or the housing, but I'm not sure if they are released yet, you'd have to call them.

Dave

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought his old 88 housing but it was cracked after 4 stages of nawzzz, but he didn't look it over and he straightened up with me, so its all good.
DANG, don't think i will be spraying 4 stages. LoL. so i should be good with the S475. i was looking at the GT4202, but the garrett turbos seem to be quite a bit more expensive than the S400's are. wonder if the S400 would fit David's "CFS" adapter mojig for the stock pedistal... doubting it. haha

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you've got an issue with Swamps then just call up River City Turbo yourself, they build the turbos for Swamps.

Mine is a 76/88 with a 1.32 T4 housing, and it's setting on a Turbonetics T4 kit. Are you using a T4 or T4i housing, your going back and forth between them is getting confusing? You need to decide on the size injector you'll be using, then you can spec the turbo properly.

Also, there is a vendor that has some adapters for using T4 and T6 turbos with the H2e mount with no mods to the pedistal or the housing, but I'm not sure if they are released yet, you'd have to call them.

Dave
Dang, i type too slow. haha. i may call them up. i will probably end up with 350/400's. that's where i keep going back to after i think up another route.. LOL. what kinda power are ppl seeing from this much fuel??? probably mid 600's on fuel maybe?? maybe close to 700's? obviously i'm not up to par on the power output for these setups. haha. i got it up to 238's, but after that i have no clue what injectors are making what power. i know for a fact i wanna be in the 300-350cc range. it's just the 200% nozzle or 400% nozzle gets me everytime i think about it. i think the 400% nozzle can be streetable for a little bit of street driving so thats why i wanted to try it, but don't wanna regret it when i'm on the street. Jason said they can be made streetable tho and i trust that for sure. sorry, thinking out loud.

I'm looking at an H2E pedistal, uppies, and collector to buy and trying to figure out what i could/should run on it. so it would be T4i

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
So do you have a girdle and aftermarket rods? I have wondered what else you have to do for the 650 to 700 range.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Subscribing....

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Why not have 300% nozzles and split the dif. EDM 200% then EH another 100%.

I forgets who's setup it was but they were into the mid 600s with 200% nozzles.

Would being a hand-,shaker make it easier to run big nozzle on the street, or harder?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts